41

DARYL CARRIES ARIA through the cell block, the group looking on at the two, their faces full of worry

DARYL CARRIES ARIA through the cell block, the group looking on at the two, their faces full of worry. Her face is full of blood and is beginning to bruise from the punches she had taken. Her white tank top is stained red from the wounds under the fabric. Some glass shards poke into his arm as lays her down on her bed, Carol and Hershel immediately going to work.

"Her blood pressure has gone down and it isn't from the face." Hershel calls out, wiping some blood off of her face. Daryl's eyes trail down her body and his eyes stop on the wound on her thigh. "Her thigh." Daryl's gruff voice speaks up and Carol looks down at the blood dripping down on her leg. Pulling Aria's belt off, Carol begins to unbuckle the female's jeans before pulling them off her legs, the wound exposed. As Carol begins to clean the wound on her thigh, Daryl's eyes trail over to the female's body, her old scars showing.

She had told him she was depressed, but never mentioned that she had harmed herself. Knowing that she harmed herself makes his upset because he doesn't want anyone or anything hurting her, he's gonna make it his job to protect the female—no matter what.

♚ ♛

Aria's blue eyes look out from beneath her blonde lashes and she meets Daryl's tired eyes. "Hi." She utters, her throat stinging from the lack of moisture. Daryl hands her a water bottle and she gently takes it from his hand, unscrewing the cap. Tilting her head back, she downs the water quickly, the liquid soothing her throat and chapped lips. Once the bottle is empty, she wipes her mouth, furrowing her eyebrows at a dazed Daryl.

"You okay?" She asks, setting the water bottle on the table beside the bunk. Realizing her legs are exposed, she hastily sticks them up the felt covers, wincing as pain shoots through the wound. He had seen her scars, the one's Aria's been hiding. "I don't do it anymore." She tells him, her eyes staring at the dull blue blanket. "I—I was just going through a hard time. That's not an excuse but it's true." She's embarrassed of her scars, she feels like she done something wrong, after all, once her dad found out; he flipped out.

"Stop—stop trying to explain things, Aria." Daryl utters and she frowns, her fingers messing with the top of the blanket. She feels like she needs to explain things to people, they could get the wrong idea. Running her tongue over her lips, she raises her eyes. She's been wondering what her and Daryl are, if they are a couple or just two friends who kissed. "Uh—what are we?" She asks nervously, her lip in between her teeth. She's nervous to hear his answer, nervous to know what they are but she needs to know. "I don't know—I don't know how to do this." Daryl says, his cheeks turning pink. Aria smiles softly, a chuckle escaping her lips. He's absolutely adorable. She thinks to herself, her eyes running over his face.

"Hey—Daryl! I need to speak to you." Carol interrupts, peaking her head inside Aria's cell. Daryl nods, standing up and walking out, leaving Aria alone. Pursing her lips, Aria grabs a clean pair of jeans before standing up and sliding them on her legs, avoiding the stitches. After she gets done buttoning the jeans, she throws off the dirty tank top, her eyes landing on the wounds inflicted from the glass. Running her fingertips over the scratches and wounds, she frowns, more scars to head to the collection. Sliding the clean black tank over her torso, covering the scars. Grabbing her converse, she pulls them on her feet before tying the laces, her body now fully clothed.

"Aria—" Daryl slowly walks back into the cell, his cheeks slightly pink. "Will you be my—girlfriend?" He asks and Aria bites her lip, a smile crossing her face. "Yeah." She walks forward, standing on the top of her toes and pecking his cheek. "Carol told you what to say, didn't she?" Daryl nods, lowering his eyes to the ground. "Cute." She utters, wrapping her gun holster around her leg before shoving the Baretta in it. Grabbing her belt, she slips the knife holster on it before sliding the belt into the loops, buckling it up.

The new couple walks out of the cell and Aria sends Carol a small wink, thanking the older female.