83

THE RECREATIONAL VEHICLE'S tires begin to spin quickly as Rick struggles to get the vehicle out of the mud hole

THE RECREATIONAL VEHICLE'S tires begin to spin quickly as Rick struggles to get the vehicle out of the mud hole. Aria cranes her neck, trying to peek out the window over Jesus's head. The two have been speaking and getting to know each other despite Daryl's eyes burning into them. Aria found out Jesus is gay. So, Daryl honestly has nothing to worry about but have they told him that? Nope.

"A storm must've passed through. We're stuck." Rick announces, glancing back at the group with annoyance in his eyes. Standing to her feet, Aria leans in between the couple, her eyes gazing out of the window. "No worries. We're here."

Aria steps down into the mud hole, a small smile crossing her face as she hears the mud squish under her boots, reminding her of her childhood. After stomping a few times in the mud, she raises her head to see the group already ahead of her. With a pout on her peachy lips, Aria walks forward, rolling her eyes at the rushed group.

Slowly following behind Abraham, Aria gazes around, taking in the beautiful scenery. The weeds around them sway softly in the wind as the sun beams down on them. White clouds scatter through the blue sky as the bright sun peeks out from behind one. The smell in the air isn't filled with a rotting smell like it usually is, it's filled with a crisp smell, which reminds Aria that their still can be good days. This day in particular is putting Aria in a good mood for some odd reason and she doesn't hate it.

"Stop right there." A voice booms loudly and Aria tenses, her gun raising towards the tall wall as she glares up at it. "You gonna make us?" Daryl snarls back and Aria nibbles on her bottom lip, hoping that this doesn't turn into a war. "Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt." Turning her gaze towards the man with a wounded leg, Aria stares at him for a few seconds before turning back towards the guard named Cal. "Sorry about these guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing."

Aria slightly lowers her gun, eyes still narrowed at the guards. "They give up the weapons. Then we'll open the gates." Cal demands and Aria frowns, shifting all her weight onto her good leg. They're trying to be cautious; it's understandable. "Why don't you come down here and get 'em?" Damn, Daryl is just in a pissy mood today. Aria thinks to herself, a small huff escaping her lips.

"Gentlemenlook we vouched for these people, alright?" The doctor intervenes, his hands held out in a calming manner. Aria tilts her head to the side, her tongue running over her lips. She really needs to learn these guys' names. With boredom consuming her, Aria lowers her eyes down to the ground, a small smile playing on her lips as childhood memories dance through her mind. She's a little annoyed that the memories just decided to resurface but she's happy she hasn't forgotten about her sistersabout her blood family.

Snapping back to reality, Aria sighs lowly as she watches the group walk off without her, once again. As the huge gates close behind her, Aria glances around, her pistol tucked back in her holster. She was never one to speak much around the group but she's always thought that they had a secret agreement; protect each other no matter what. At least; she hopes they think that too. She kinda hates that they've been walking off without her a lot, but she should really start paying attention more and not zoning out.

♚ ♛

A door creaks open and Aria looks up from the back of the room, her eyes landing on a man in dressy clothes. "Jesus." He exclaims, his hands pulling away from the handles on the door. The man's eyes gaze around the room as he studies the group, a small frown on his face. "You're back—with guests." He utters as he walks out of the doorway, an eyebrow quirking up. Instantly, Aria doesn't like the guy. He puts off an aura she doesn't enjoy.

"Everyone, this is Gregory." Gregory. Aria repeats in her mind, eyes squinting as she stares at him. "He keeps the trains running on time around here." Jesus adds and Aria nods her head, looking away from him. With a hand settled loosely on the gun in her holster, she shifts her weight onto her good leg, her head cocking to the side. "I'm the boss." Gregory chuckles, pulling his coat back as he sets his hands on his hips. "Well, I'm Rick. We have a community"

"Why don't y'all go get cleaned up?" Gregory hums, raising his arm up as he motions upward. Aria lowers her eyes down to her body, a confused look settled on her face. What's wrong with her? She asks herself, eyebrows scrunched together. She took a shower last night, does she already look bad? As her head raises back up, she looks around the room, noticing the annoyed looks on the faces of her group. Is she the only one now worrying about how she looks?

Aria has always been a worrier. She's always been afraid of being judged; that's what she worried about most of her life. The bullying in her life had started because the teenagers had judged her because she wasn't like them. She didn't like partying or going to fancy places, that wasn't who she was. She was a shy, introverted female. She loved reading and even loved schoolwork. Her biggest hobby was going hunting with her father and working on vehicles. She wasn't girly, she was different from them and they didn't like that.

She remembers the day of prom. Amy had bought Aria a dress — a hideous one. The dress was hot pink, it was covered in sequins from head to toe. It was a mermaid type of style and Aria hated it. Everytime she looked at it, Aria wanted to cry, it was that bad. Amy had begged Aria to put it on and of course the younger twin complied, only to make Amy happy, and it did make her happy. Their mom, Anne, decided she wanted a picture of the two twins. Unfortunately, Aria had to take the pictures with frizzy hair and no makeup. Right after the pictures were done, Aria had the dress off and her sweatpants back on.

Aria chuckles lowly at the memory, a small smile fixated on her face. That's my twin. She thinks to herself, emptiness flowing through her. They say when people lose their twin, they lose a part of them and Aria had never believed it. But now that she doesn't have Amy by her side, she sees what they're talking about. A part of her is just. . empty. No happiness, no emotions, it's just there.

♚ ♛

Aria leans against the stairs rails, her fingers fumbling around with the necklaces around her neck. Gregory doesn't want to trade with the group and that's agitating them. As her eyes scan around the room, she stops on Daryl, her lip now in between her teeth. She's confused about their relationship. He was pissed at her, but earlier he was worried, now he's ignoring her he's confusing the hell out of her and she doesn't know what to do.

The door swings open and a man walks in, causing the group to tense up at the unknown man. Gregory walks out of his office, his head turning towards the man. "What's wrong?" Gregory asks and Aria glances around nervously at the group, the look on the man's face worrying them.

"They're back."