22

ARIA TRAILS BEHIND IN the woods, her knife clutched tightly in her hand

ARIA TRAILS BEHIND IN the woods, her knife clutched tightly in her hand. "What exactly are we doing?" She asks Daryl, shoving a piece of her hair behind her ear. She huffs as the stubborn hair falls back into her face, annoying her. "Lookin' for food." Daryl mutters, his eyes trained on the ground for any tracks. Aria looks around, trying to find any animal that would be good to eat.

Her eyes squint as she sees a squirrel running along through the woods. Quietly sneaking forward, she positions her knife in her hand before launching it through the air, the knife piercing the squirrel's torso. Turning around with a huge grin on her face, confusion pulses through her as she doesn't see Daryl anywhere near her. "Daryl." She harshly whispers, her eyes darting around everywhere. A stick breaks behind her and she whirls around, greeted with the sight of a walker in her face. Stepping back, her ankle rolls and she falls down to the ground, her back slamming against the forest floor.

The walker falls on top of her, it's bloody jaws snapping at her, ready to kill her. Her forearm holds the walker back as she struggles against the strong corpse. A whimper escapes her mouth as she feels herself beginning to become weaker and weaker, tears forming in her blue eyes. Amy, I'm coming.

Just as Aria's about to give up, an arrow pierces through the walker's skull, blood splattering all over Aria's face. Daryl pulls the body off of Aria, crouching down next to the crying female. Aria raises up, the tears fall freely down her red face. She covers her face with her hands, obviously embarrassed and upset. "I'm sorry." She whispers, apologizing for her tears and her weakness. She hates being weak, it makes her feel worthless. Aria doesn't want to be that person that has to have someone save her all the time, she wants to be strong.

Daryl awkwardly stares down at her, no idea what to do. Should he hug her? Let her cry it out? He doesn't know, women are hard to deal with in his eyes. "Hey—get up. You're fine." He utters, grabbing her hand and helping her to her feet. Aria wipes the tears away, raising her eyes to meet his. "Thanks." She mumbles, sending him small and meaningful smile. She would be dead if it wasn't for him and she recognizes that. Daryl nods, watching as she walks over towards a dead squirrel, picking it up in her hand. Pulling her knife out of it, she wipes it on her pants before stuffing it in her holster, holding it up for Daryl to see.

"Almost died getting it but hey, we got food."

♚ ♛

Aria walks through the house, her footsteps light and quiet. She had heard what Andrea did and to say she wasn't happy was an understatement. Aria knows what Beth is feeling in this situation and she feels for the poor girl. Aria sends a small smile Maggie's way as she spots her in the kitchen. "Aria—right?" Maggie asks and Aria nods, tucking a small piece of hair behind her ear. "I heard what happened." Aria tells her, stopping in front of the island.

Maggie sighs, cutting up a cucumber. "I just wanted to apologize on behalf of my sister. I know that's not the same as her apologizing but I don't agree with what she did." Maggie looks up from the cutting board, a small glint in her eyes. "If you or your family needs anything, I'm here." Aria adds, her usual quiet exterior breaking. Maggie reminds her of herself in some ways, Aria's just quieter.

Maggie smiles softly, nodding her head. "Thanks. That means a lot." This could be an amazing friendship in the making.