111

MICHONNE STARES OVER AT ARIA, HER BROWN EYES HELD WITH EMOTION

MICHONNE STARES OVER AT ARIA, HER BROWN EYES HELD WITH EMOTION. Not being able to hold the eye contact anymore, Aria averts her eyes down to the floor, smoothing her dirty boots over the dusty wood. She didn't know what to say, she was at a loss for words. However, she knows that her best friend needs comfort at this time so all she could do was brush away her guilt and fear.

"I'm sorry," She whispers, stepping forward and enveloping Michonne into a tight hug. Instantly, Michonne returns the hug and Aria gently begins to rub her back. Although she wasn't crying, Aria can still feel the overwhelming sense of sadness radiating off of Michonne. But who can blame her? The boy she thought of as a son passed away.

"I'll be okay, Aria. You don't have to worry about me," Michonne finally says, pulling away from the embrace and sending the blonde woman a tight-lipped smile which was fake.

"You telling me that is only going to make me worry more." It was no secret that Aria was very protective over the ones she loved, she couldn't help it. This world was dangerous. In a blink of an eye, disaster could occur. So yes, sometimes she was a bit overbearing. But everybody needs someone to look after them and have their back. Not having anybody in this world would be difficult.

"Don't. You have enough things to worry about," Michonne pauses, eyes flickering down to Aria's stomach. "Like your baby, how are you feeling?"

Shrugging, Aria glances down at her stomach as well. She didn't have much of a bump yet, it's only been two months. Although, her stomach was getting a little bigger and if she were to lift up her shirt, it would be obvious. "I'm fine — we're fine."

"That sounded convincing."

"We are fine, I'm just. . scared," Aria admits, biting her bottom lip. For the first time, she's admitting she's scared about this. It was obviously normal to feel scared but she feels as if she needs to be strong, for the baby, and for Daryl. What would happen if Daryl found out she was scared too, would it scare him off again? She doesn't want that to happen.

"Aria, it's normal to feel scared. You're going to be a mom! Being a parent is scary but it's also exciting. You can't let your fears get in the way of you living or being happy. I know you got this, you were made to be a mother." A smile then works its way on Aria's face and she can feel her cheeks begin to hurt.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too."

♚ ♛

Darkness had soon raced up quickly. The moon shines down and the stars twinkle brightly, the world almost seems normal again — almost. It may have looked normal but with what was about to happen, it was far from it.

Aria stares at the lone silver bullet in between her fingers, studying it for a moment before pushing it into the gun clip, sliding the clip into her gun with a click. She used to be hesitant about things like this but after realizing how much pain they have brought her and her family, it was time for her to fight back without hesitation or remorse.

As Maggie speaks to Simon over the walkie-talkie, her blue eyes study the small device where his voice is emitting and she scowls, eyes narrowing slightly. His voice made her blood boil, she wanted him gone. The distant sound of gunshots and an engine whirring causes Aria to gaze over at the opening gate, her bottom lip now in between her teeth. It was time.

As Daryl comes driving through the gate and a truck hurries through, she watches as the bus pulls straight in front of the truck causing the vehicle to crash into it. Instantly multiple gunshots begin to go off as Hilltop reigns terror down on the Saviors. Aria blows out a low breath, eyes flickering around. As a pain-filled scream pierces air, a small gasp leaves her lips as she looks over, eyes widening whenever she sees an arrow sticking out of a man's chest.

"Shit," She mumbles, darting behind one of the white podiums, her mind running wild. She peeks out from behind her protection, eyebrows furrowing slightly as she watches Siddiq run towards a body. Ever since Carl. . Aria has felt protective over the man, even if he was only a few years younger. Clenching her jaw, she glances back at the door of the house before looking back towards Siddiq, a small groan leaving her lips.

With nobody protecting his back, he could easily get attacked and she wasn't about to let that happen. She doesn't care if the others get mad at her, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Pushing her hair out of her face, she crouches down for a few moments, hiding into the shadows and waiting until everybody is inside the house. Once the door closes, she sneaks off the patio, her gun held tightly in her grip as she makes her way towards Siddiq, keeping herself hidden.

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees a body running towards her and she quickly stands up straight, her finger pressing down onto the trigger of her gun, the body falling to the ground with a thud.

"Siddiq," Aria mumbles whenever she makes it to him, crouching down next to him. "Why the fuck don't you have a weapon?" She asks him before looking down at Tobin, eyes softening slightly.

"I wasn't thinking about it, I saw Carol over here and I just knew I needed to help," Siddiq mutters, his hands fast at work. "When other lives are at stake, I don't care about mine."

"Well I do. . I'll cover you," Aria tells him, turning her attention away from him and towards the chaos happening around them. She grinds her teeth together, feeling anxious as her blue eyes look towards every movement she sees. The good thing was, they were both hidden in the shadows and she began to wonder if he could see clearly.

That wasn't the only thing she began to wonder though. . she began to wonder if they were truly hidden from the enemies. Could they see her crouched form? Could they see her looking around at everybody? Maybe there was somebody watching her right now, waiting for the perfect time to attack and maybe she would soon find out if that was the truth.

A U T H O R

omg hi guys and happy new year! i'm so, so sorry for this late update. finding the motivation to do anything now is so hard. last year was tough but we all got through it and i'm so proud of all of you!

i'm hoping this year will be better, maybe i'll find the motivation i need to update, who knows? thank you for sticking around, it means a lot. you guys truly deserve better than these slow updates. once again i'm sorry and i hope you enjoyed the chapter, i love you :)