103

WITH A BOOK SITTING IN HER LAP, ARIA SITS ON MICHONNE'S STEPS, her lip in between her teeth

WITH A BOOK SITTING IN HER LAP, ARIA SITS ON MICHONNE'S STEPS, her lip in between her teeth. The words in the book bundle together as her mind fills with thoughts, her eyes unable to focus on the printed words. Alexandria, Hilltop, and the Kingdom are on their way to the sanctuary. Of course, Aria made the plan that they're using but Rick had forbidden her from going with them.

During the last fight, Aria had gotten shot in the thigh and Lucille's barbwires had punctured a few holes in Aria's back but she wishes she could be out there helping them. But instead, she's stuck inside the community, along with Michonne and Rosita. They're all restless, the three wish they were with there group but nope, they had to go and get injured.

Daryl and Aria haven't spoken about anything, he's been too busy occupying his mind. He doesn't want to think about Aria or the baby right now because he knows once he starts thinking about it he'll go running back to them.

A body sits down beside Aria and she turns her head, closing her book as she does. Her eyes meet a pair of blue ones and she raises her eyebrows, tilting her head to the side. "What you need, Carl?"

"Why do you think I need something?" Sending him a look, Aria shakes her head, laughing softly. She remembers when he was a innocent little boy, not knowing anything about how to survive. And now, he's all grown up. She admires him, even if he is younger. He didn't break under the pressure, he grew stronger.

"Because, you never talk to me unless you're thinking about sneaking out and you want me to cover for you. Am I right?" A look of shock flashes across Carl's face and Aria laughs loudly, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"Well.. I need you to cover for me," He pauses, giving Aria time to let out an exasperated sigh, throwing her head back. "I just need to go do something, if Michonne asks, tell her I went to take a nap or whatever."

"Yeah and if Michonne finds out I lied to her, she's going to kick my behind! And if Rick finds out that you went out and I knew I'm dead. Carl, it only takes a second for you to get killed and if that happens, the blood will be on my hands," Aria explains to him, her blue eyes soft as she stares over at the teenager.

"But Aria! This is very important."

"What's so important that you gotta go against your dad's will?" She asks him, sliding her arm off of his shoulders. Carl hesitates, his own blue eyes lowering down to the ground as he thinks of the pros and cons.

"I found this guy at a gas station, he was hungry he needed food but dad ran him off before I could do anything." Aria sighs, hearing Carl talk about the situation. She knows, without a doubt, she'd do the same thing. So why won't she just let him go? Maybe it's because she knows if anything happens to Carl, it would be her fault and she wouldn't be able to handle that guilt.

Seeing the hesitation appear on her face, Carl groans, rubbing a hand over his face. "Aria, you'd do the same thing and you know that. Please let me do this." She can hear the desperation in his voice and she clenches her jaw before nodding slowly, turning her head towards him.

"Alright but I'm going with you," She declares, standing up from the steps. Carl immediately shakes his head, opening his mouth to sputter out a refusal but Aria raises an hand, silencing him. "Don't you dare try to argue with me. I'm not letting you go out there by yourself." The younger boy sighs, running hand over his face as his blue eyes gaze over at the stubborn blonde.

"Fine," He grumbles, standing up as well. Seeing the victory flash through Aria's eyes, he rolls his eyes at her, motioning for her to follow him. "Well, lets go."

—————————

"I'm just saying, it would've been quicker if we drove," Aria mumbles, scanning the eerie gas station with her eyes. She would be lying if she were to say she wasn't scared leaving the walls. With all this mess going on, she's afraid - she's petrified. She doesn't want Negan to hold her captive again, she doesn't want anyone else dying right in front of her eyes.

"It also would've drew more attention," Carl states in a matter-of-factly tone which causes Aria to scoff jokingly, raising her eyes so she can look at him clearly.

"Wow. Where did that little boy with freckles go?"

"He grew up." Aria frowns at that, the blonde blowing out a low breath. She hates that he had to go through so much trauma and emotional plus physical pain. He had to mature so quickly, he wasn't able to enjoy his childhood, he wasn't able to relinquish the fun times he had. It saddens her, it makes her wonder if that's how her kid is going to be. Is her baby not going to be able to enjoy life because of this messed up world? One thing she does know is that she wants her baby to be like Carl; brave, strong-minded and kind. He still sees the good in people despite everything he's been through, he's the future of this world and it couldn't be in better hands.

"Way to make things depressing, Carl," She playfully says, filling the silence as she laughs softly. Aria runs her fingers through her tangled hair, wincing whenever she pulls at some knots. Seeing Carl crouch down, she does the same, watching him in the corner of her eye as he sets two cans of food and a note which instantly causes her to smile.

"This world needs more people like you," She quietly utters, teeth grazing her bottom lip as they both stand straight up, the teenager staring off into the trees. He chuckles, turning around, the duo walking off.

"Why do you have to make everything so sappy?" He questions her, blue eyes staring down at the pregnant woman. He would be lying if he said him and the group weren't worried. Every time a woman gets pregnant in their group, it seems something bad happens.

"It's a gift of mine. Get used to it, little Grimes," Aria states, a cheeky smile on her face. Carl rolls his eyes at her nickname, shaking his head. "I'm not little anymore, Aria."

"You are to me so deal with it."

A U T H O R
here is a little aria and carl action. as i was revising this book, i just realized that i didn't create much scenes with aria and other characters. i'm mad at myself but to make up for it, here you go.