97

THE ULTRASOUND PHOTO sits comfortably in Aria's hands as she stares down at it, love evident in her blue orbs

THE ULTRASOUND PHOTO sits comfortably in Aria's hands as she stares down at it, love evident in her blue orbs. It's just now hitting her that she's going to be a mom, just like she's always wanted. She stares at the sandwich packed with tomatoes and lettuce before pushing it away. She has seen what they give Daryl to eat and it disgusts her. She wishes she had some way to give this sandwich to him.

Sighing softly, she looks over towards the door, sadness crossing her face. Negan decided to lock her up after she went to see Dr. Carson. Shoving the fallen bangs out of her face, she turns her gaze down towards her wrapped hand, a frown crossing her face. Her knuckle is filled with cuts from the mirror and it stung but the pain has certainly eased.

Her doorknob begins jiggling frantically and she raises from the bed, hesitantly walking over to the door. She unlocks it, twisting the doorknob and pulling it open, a body quickly rushing in. Aria closes the door and turns around, her eyes catching sight of Daryl; who has changed into better clothes. "Are you okay?" She asks quietly, locking the door back. Walking over towards the bed, Aria shoves the photo in her jean pockets before handing the sandwich over to Daryl, motioning for him to eat it. "Daryl, maybe we should talk about " Daryl cuts her off with a harsh glare, his face turning up in a scowl. "Shut the hell up."

She doesn't know what he's thinking right now. He found out she's pregnant then he saw Negan kiss her. She can only hope that he doesn't hold that against her, it will hurt her horribly if he does. But she'll understand. "Come on." Daryl utters after scarfing the sandwich down. Aria furrows her eyebrows in confusion but follow him anyways.

The pair slip out of Aria's room, making sure to put the chair back under the doorknob just like the Saviors had it. Aria stays close to Daryl, her heart beating rapidly in her chest. This is nerve wracking. If they get caught, they'll most likely get killed.

Sunlight hits Aria's face and delight fills her features as she realizes they made it out of the sanctuary without anyone noticing. Now all they have to do is to get off the property, discreetly. The pipe Daryl had in his grasp is shoved in Aria's hands as Daryl looks around at the motorcycles. Aria's eyes dart up as she watches a lone man walk towards them, a sandwich in hand. "What the hell?"

Aria nibbles on her bottom lip, nervously watching as the man drops his sandwich and raises his hands in surrender. "Woah woah!" He exclaims, his eyes studying the two who've escaped. "It's cool, I swear. Y'all can walk right out that back gate there, and I won't say anything to anybody. I'm supposed to be there now, but, listen. I'm i'm just trying to get by, just like you two." Aria flinches away as Daryl pulls the pipe out of her grasp and swings it over the man's head, knocking him down.

Aria watches in horror as Daryl beats the hell out of the man with the pipe, his moves reminding Aria of that particular night. She squeezes her eyes shut as she struggles to get the image out of her mind; Glenn's butchered body laying in front of her, his blood soaking the ground. She didn't even have the heart to look over towards where Abraham laid, she couldn't, not after Glenn.

"Daryl, Aria."

She wipes at her eyes before opening them, her vision blurred from the tears. Blinking quickly, she recognizes the body, her spirits slightly being lifted. Daryl's grunts continue to fill her ears as blood splatters all over him. Jesus's eyes connect with Aria and they share a worried look. Daryl has been through hell, they can tell. And Aria she couldn't save him because she was too busy fighting the devil and the demons around her.

The pipe clatters to the ground, the metal rod filled with blood rolling next to her feet as she converts her eyes away from it. "It ain't just about gettin' by here. It's about gettin' it all." Daryl moves past Aria, heading back towards the bikes. Aria bites her lip, her palm rubbing against her jeans. As Daryl backs the bike out, he motions for her to get on but she shakes her head, grabbing Jesus's wrist and pushing him towards Daryl. "Y'all need to get back." She tells them, nervously glancing back at the door.

Both Jesus and Daryl shake heads, confusion on their faces. "I — i need to do something." She whispers, walking forward.

"No, are you crazy? Stop acting stupid and come on," Daryl grunts, his eyes narrowing as he stares over at the woman he loves. Aria sends him a small glare, shaking her head.

"This is my decision, Daryl. I'll be right behind you guys," Pulling the ultrasound photo out of her back pocket, Aria slides it in Daryl flannel pocket before hesitantly wrapping her arms around him, planting a gentle kiss on his cheek. She moves away from him before hugging Jesus, a small huff escaping her lips. "Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Jesus nods and Aria backs away from him, silently watching as he pulls a knife from his pants. "Keep yourself safe."

"I will."

A U T H O R
i feel like this story has shifted. it used to focus solely on daryl and aria's relationship but now it's more about bringing you guys alongside aria's adventures. what do you guys think about it? should i include more daria moments or show aria's independent side and write more moments where she's with other characters?