66

ARIA STARES DOWN at the water, her mouth seemingly becoming more dry

ARIA STARES DOWN at the water, her mouth seemingly becoming more dry. She's tempted to drink it but then again, it could have poison in it. She really hopes it's from a good person and not someone who is evil enough to try to poison the water. Daryl walks out of the woods, the couple making brief eye contact, which Aria quickly breaks. The group had seen her red eyes and face but chose to ignore it because they knew Aria wouldn't tell them, at least not all of them.

Rick hands Daryl the note and Aria looks over towards Carol before looking at Michonne. They're the two people she is closest with and they've never done anything to hurt her. It's funny how you can get close to people despite the nasty problems in the world. "If that's a trap we already happen to be in it. But I, for one, would like to think it is indeed from a friend." Eugene speaks up, hoping for the best. The group wants to drink the water that's teasing them but they don't want to risk the possibility of poison being in it. "What if it isn't? They put something in it?"

Aria looks around and for a brief second, she swears she sees something but shakes it off, blaming it on dehydration and the lack of sleep. Eugene steps forward, leaning down to grab one of the water bottles and Aria's eyebrows fly up in alarm. "What are you doing, dude?" Tara asks, confusion covering her face. Eugene begins to unscrew the cap as he looks around. "Quality assurance." He utters before tilting his head back. Before the water can make it to his mouth, Abraham steps forward, slapping the water bottle out of his hand, water flying all over Eugene's face.

Abraham sends him a pointed look before stepping back beside Michonne, his arms crossing over his chest. "We can't." Rick whispers, killing the little ounce of hope that was left in the group. Just as Aria turns around to begin walking off, thunder rumbles from the sky, halting her in her tracks. Drops of rain begins pouring down onto her face and she lowers her eyes down to the ground. She's always loved rain and any type of storm because she found it peaceful. When she wasn't in the woods, she was staring out of the window, watching the drops of rain drip down the glass—it soothed her.

Her sisters hated the rain and they would always complain about how Aria would run outside and jump in the mud puddles then run back inside and drag them out pleading with them to dance in the rain with her. But they wouldn't, they were always afraid that someone they know may see them dancing in the rain with their freak of a sister. Aria; she didn't care, she didn't want to stop being in the rain. That was until she got older and started worrying about what people would think about her.

Carol and Michonne wrap their arms around Aria in delight as laughter comes from their mouths. Not wanting to down their spirits, Aria plasters a fake smile on her face as rain runs down her face, soaking her clothes. Drops of rain cover her blonde eyelashes as she gazes up at the sky, her eyes studying the dark gray clouds. She recognizes the clouds; cumulonimbus clouds. They always come out when there is going to be severe weather. Thunder booms loudly and Aria nibbles on her bottom lip, worry crossing her face.