76

GLASS COVERS THE floor as Aria stares down at the broken vase, a lump forming in her throat

GLASS COVERS THE floor as Aria stares down at the broken vase, a lump forming in her throat. People believe that Glenn and Nicholas are dead, but Aria doesn't. Glenn wouldn't die without sending a signal to Maggie that isn't who he is and Aria knows that. She had drifted away from the Korean guy but that doesn't mean she doesn't care, she cares about the whole group they're the only people she has left and she'll be damned if anything happens to them.

Aria steps on the flowers, the glass and stems crunching underneath her shoes. The glass glimmers as sunlight hits it and Aria sighs lowly, grabbing the broom. The bedroom door flies open and Aria's head snaps up, her hand holding her gun out in front of her as she points it at the devil himself; James. "Get the fuck out." Aria snarls, anger overcoming her. She's tired of being controlled by him, it's stressing her out and she can't handle it anymore. James chuckles darkly, a dangerous look in his eyes. Fear builds up in Aria as she draws in a shaky breath, her hands trembling slightly.

"Your boyfriend Daryl. He's dead by now, I can assure you that." Aria narrows her eyes as she lowers the gun, stepping forward. James has gone out with them but must've came back with Michonne. "What'd you do to him?" Aria growls, anger coursing through her body. James smirks as he steps closer, his tongue running over his lips. "You should be asking what I didn't do." Aria's mouth falls open and she lowers her eyes to the ground, a lump forming in her throat.

As Aria is distracted, James pushes her against the wall, a picture frame falling to the ground, glass shattering everywhere. He presses his body against hers and she shakes her head before smacking her head against his, a crack coming from his nose. Aria pushes him back and before she can make a dash towards the door, James grabs her, pulling her back as he presses the cold metal against the back of her neck. "Aria? You okay?" A voice calls out, Aria instantly recognizing the voice as Michonne's.

"I'll kill them if you mention anything." He growls before dropping the gun and sliding open the window, hopping off the roof. Tears build up in Aria's eyes as the door opens, revealing a worried Michonne. "Aria, your head." Michonne utters, walking forward and touching the tender spot with her fingertips, causing Aria to wince in pain. Michonne notices Aria's watery eyes and she leads the female to the bed, keeping an arm wrapped around her. "Are you okay?" As Aria's lip begins quivering, she nods her head, biting down on her bottom lip as she struggles to blink back the tears.

"Aria?" Glancing over towards the open window, Aria stares at the moving curtains before turning back towards Michonne. "No." She admits quietly. Michonne is one of the few people Aria feels comfortable talking to she trusts Michonne more than any other female in the group.

"What if he doesn't come back? I didn't say goodbye or anything." Michonne slightly narrows her eyes, a saddened look on her features. "You can't think like that."

"I can't help but think like that." Aria whispers, lowering her blue orbs to the ground as a few tears fall silently down her face. She's noticed she's been crying a lot and she's pretty sure it's the stress and fear in her. She doesn't want to be controlled anymore, she's tired of it all. "I — I can't deal with this anymore." Aria squeaks out, hands trembling and all. Michonne may be thinking it's about Daryl, but it's so much more than that.

♚ ♛

Michonne stares down at the makeshift blueprint Aria and Deanna had made. Aria steps down from the porch, plopping down next to Michonne. "This is perfect." Michonne mumbles and Aria shrugs her shoulders, her eyes lifting towards the blue sky, white clouds scattered everywhere. Picking at her nails, Aria tilts her head down.

Michonne had been trying to convince Aria that Daryl is still alive but they've heard nothing from him, dulling Aria's spirits even more than before. James's statement keeps repeating itself inside her head — he could of done something to Daryl and Aria would never know; that's what's frustrating her most, she doesn't know if he's alive or not. She would love to be like Rosita and believe they're alive but she can't.

Aria stands to her feet, her eyes squinting as she sees something floating through the sky. "Michonne —Glenn?" Aria asks, her vision glued to the green balloons flowing through the wind. Michonne rolls the blue print up, standing up beside Aria as the two look at the balloons. The two females each share a smile, their hopes being lifted. Aria turns her head as she hears a creaking sound. With her eyes wide and her hands gripping her gun at her waist, she helplessly watches as the guard tower falls down, bringing a panel down with it.