56

ARIA WALKS ALONG the train tracks, her worn out converse thudding against the rotting wooden tracks

ARIA WALKS ALONG the train tracks, her worn out converse thudding against the rotting wooden tracks. Carol and Tyreese are trying to figure out if they should head to Terminus or not. Personally; Aria doesn't want to go, she doesn't like meeting new people, she's too shy for that. They had asked her but of course she said she doesn't care, she's sticking with them no matter what. She was never one to make decisions, she was the one to make the plans.

The group of four have been walking for hours well excluding Judith, she's just been packed around, Aria wishes someone would carry her, her thighs are beginning to burn. Tugging her hair behind her shoulder, she raises her eyes to see Judith staring at her with her big blue eyes. "We're close. I'm gonna get you three there. Make sure you're safe." Aria speeds up, stopping beside Carol. She isn't going to stay if Carol isn't — that wasn't the deal. "But I'm not gonna stay."

Shaking her head, Aria meets Carol's eyes. "I told you, I'm only staying at Terminus if you both were. You know how I am with new people." Aria utters, her fingers messing with the hem of her jacket. Carol sighs, sending a look over towards Aria. "You need to grow out of that. You shouldn't worry about people judging you anymore. They aren't worried about what you look like, they're worried about surviving." Aria knows that but she still can't help feeling insecure and nervous.

"Look — we can find somewhere else, just the four of us." Aria suggests, a pleading tone in her voice. Carol shakes her head and begins walking, abruptly stopping once they hear rattling and growling. Turning her head, Aria's eyes land on a walker emerging from the shadows and the handcuffs clink. Tyreese takes Judith from Carol's hands, his head shaking. "I can't. Not yet." Aria sighs lowly, her hand sitting on her knife. She felt the same way at the beginning of all this mess, but she learned.

Carol falls to the ground along with the walker and Aria rushes forward to help, her hands reaching for Carol's arm. Feeling a horrible sensation wash over her, Aria turns her head, her eyes widening at the sight. "C — Carol?" Aria harshly whispers and Carol nods, quickly climbing to her feet. "More." Carol whispers towards Tyreese and he nods, grabbing her bag and pushing it in her arms as she runs past him. Aria trails behind the two as the group runs through the woods, trying to get away from the monsters hunting them.

Carol pulls Aria down beside her as they dunk behind a big lump in the ground. With her breathing heavy, Aria struggles to quiet it as she peers over at the herd of walkers, her nails digging into the dirt, nervously. Gunshots fire through the air and Aria turns towards Carol, her eyes wide. "Do you think that could be them?" Aria quietly asks, referring to the people she still calls family. Carol shrugs her shoulders, her eyes staying glued to the retreating walkers.

♚ ♛

Aria watches the man lay down some fireworks, her eyes squinted slightly as she listens to what he is saying. "See, I knew the chick with the sword was bad news. Bitch looks like a weapon with a weapon." Clenching her jaw, Aria draws in a breath, her eyes narrowing. "Yeah, I told Albert I want the kid's hat after they bleed him out." She now knows that's her family he's talking about and that doesn't settle well with her. He just called her best friend a bitch and threatened her leader's son — oh hell no.

Emerging from the trees, Aria sneaks up on him, her gun clicking as she points it at the back of his head, Carol and Tyreese behind her. "Keep your finger off the button and drop it." Carol says, Aria leaving the speaking to the experienced woman. "Listen — y'all don't have to do this. Whatever you want, we got a place where everyone's welcome." Aria scoffs, her eyes rolling. She doesn't believe that, not one bit. Usually when people are welcome, you don't go around calling them bitches and hoping they kill a child. "We're friends with the chick with the sword and the kid in the hat."

Aria bites her lip, her heart beating rapidly as she looks through the fences. She's covered in walker blood and has mud wiped on her face, she smells like shit — she's good to go. What she's worried about is that they may be too late. Their group could be dead for all they know. Looking through the scope of the sniper, Aria silently watches as a man drags a thrashing Rick somewhere. She knew the ugly bastard was lying about only having Michonne and Carl, she's not stupid. Glancing over at Carol, she lowly sighs before looking back through the scope, her gun moving over towards the tank of gas.

"Get the firework ready." Aria whispers to which Carol nods as she shoves a firework into the barrel of a gun. Taking a deep breath, Aria pulls the trigger, the bullet clanging off of the tank. She pulls the trigger again and successfully hits the golden spot, smoke blowing out of it. The firework whistles in the air, landing on the tank, a huge explosion going off.

The two women retreat in the woods and Carol turns towards Aria, her eyes softening. "I'm going to go in — you head back to the cabin. Help Tyreese with that man." Aria shakes her head, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Just do what I say. Don't argue with me." Carol snaps before taking a deep breath, setting a hand on Aria's shoulder. Carol knows that snapping or yelling at Aria won't make her
listen, it will just make her upset and angry. "I need to get in and out. You haven't been feeling well and I see that. Just head back to the cabin — please. The group will be fine."

Aria chews on her bottom lip before hesitantly nodding. She doesn't want to leave Carol but she knows Carol will be pissed if she doesn't.