40

ARIA'S EYES SNAP open and she lets out a yawn, her blue eyes watering

ARIA'S EYES SNAP open and she lets out a yawn, her blue eyes watering. Groaning slightly, she raises up from the bed, throwing her legs off the side. She just took a much needed rest and she feels like she has so much energy in her. Standing to her feet, she stuffs her gun in her holster before adding the bigger knife, stuffing the throwing knives in the knife holder.

She has decided she'll take watch—she has nothing better to do so, why not? Pulling a sniper off the gun table, she wraps it around her body, walking out into the sunlight, the heat warming up her face. Shielding her eyes from the harsh rays of the sun, she draws in a breath once she realizes she slept in. Oops. She thinks to herself, wondering why the others didn't wake her up.

Climbing the stairs up to the guard tower, she opens the rusted door, stepping in and closing it behind her. Setting the sniper down, she walks towards the window. After a few minutes of gazing around, Aria walks forward, looking out into the field. Her eyebrows furrow as she sees a tan truck out there and realization dawns on her. Turning around, a body slams into hers and her back smashes against the glass of the guard tower, a groan escaping her lips. The man continues to smash her body against the glass until it shatters to pieces and glass shards pierce their way into her back, blood dripping down her shirt.

Pushing against the man's face, Aria uses her claws to harm his eye, causing him to back away. Aria reaches down and pulls her pistol out, pointing it at the guy. He smirks before tackling the female, a bullet flying out and hitting the door. The gun flies out of her hand and Aria lets out a scream of pain as she feels the glass shards dig deeper into her back. She struggles against the man as he pins her wrists down to the ground. He pulls her big knife out of the holster, not noticing the throwing knives. His fist connects with her jaw and her face flies to the side, tears building in her eyes.

He face throbs as punches connect with her face over and over again, blood pouring down her face. The wound from the machete is reopened and causing the female even more pain. She swallows the blood in her mouth before pushing against the man, pain pulsing through her body with each push. Raising her knee, the knee connects with his groin, a loud groan coming from his mouth. Kicking him off of her, Aria turns onto her stomach, a small whimper escaping her mouth as shards dig into her stomach. Army crawling towards her gun, the man grabs her ankle and drags her across the floor, more shards piercing through her tank top and cutting her stomach up.

He flips her around and drops down, straddling her. Reaching down, Aria swiftly grabs a throwing knife before plunging it deep into his stomach over and over again until he falls limp on top of her. Shoving the man off of her, Aria stands to her feet, wobbling. Blood drips down her face and she grabs his wrists, groaning as she moves towards the door, dragging him after her. Once outside, Aria kicks the body off the railing. A bullet flies past her head and she quickly pushes herself back into the guard tower, the door shutting behind her.

Grabbing the sniper, her vision becomes blurry and she shakes her head, peeking through the broken glass. Walkers from a vehicle fills the yard and Aria mumbles a few profanities as she notices Hershel. Looking through the scope of the gun, Aria aims towards a walker heading towards Hershel before pressing down on the trigger, the walker falling to the ground. Aria's adrenaline runs thin and pains soars through her body, a small groan escaping her lips.

She backs away from the window, sitting on the ground as throbbing occurs in her leg. Her eyes trail down to her thigh which has a large piece of glass stuck in it. Groaning, she wraps her fingers around the glass, drawing in a breath. As she yanks the sharp shard out of her thigh, a small yelp escapes her lips as blood begins to pour out of the wound, dropping onto the ground. Her hands tremble as they cover the wound, the blood painting her skin red.

Black dots fill her vision and she squeezes her eyes shut, her head leaning against the metal wall. Her mind shuts off and her body falls limp as it continues to pulse with pain.