one: good day

Taehyung scrambled around his room frantically, trying to gather all his things. He hummed a tune that was stuck in his head often, one that he could never figure out what it was. He grabbed his books and shoved it into his satchel along with his camera bag. "Hm, something's missing," he said to himself while looking around. Tapping his chin, he thought over where his notebook could be.

Leaving his room, he began searching through the living room. "Jimin! Have you seen my—"

"Notebook?" he came out of the kitchen, notebook and sandwich in hand, with a wide smile. "Gosh Tae, you need to remember where you put your things. Found it on top of the microwave."

"Thanks, Chim," he said taking the book out of his hand and placing it with the others. "What would I do without you?"

Jimin was Taehyung's roommate, as well as his best friend, his one and only, his platonic soulmate, his brother from another mother, his– well, you get it. They've known each other since kindergarten days and sticked together through thick and thin. From when Taehyung faced the inevitable stages of puberty, to chasing away the bullies that made fun of their eyes, to when he found out he was adopted. They care for each other so much that it's mistaken for them being in a relationship, but that was not the case. Not now, not ever.

"No work today, right?" Taehyung questioned as he put on his boots and coat.

"Actually I do. Filling in for Jasmine. Night shift," he replied with a frown.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "God, Chim, you need to stop doing favours for her."

"Yeah but she's too hot to say no to. You want some?"

"It's okay, gonna be late. I'll grab something on the way if I can. Well then, I'm off! Bye." Taehyung threw him a quick smile as Jimin replied with finger hearts. "Make sure to get something to eat!"

Taehyung climbed through the window and went down the emergency stairs. He lived on the seventh floor and his building not having any working elevators required him to think of quick shortcuts.

"Good morning, Mrs. May!" he called out, jumping off as he reached the bottom. The old lady was as usual feeding the stray cats that lurked around their buildings.

"Good morning, Taehyung. You seem to be in a good mood," Mrs. May stopped to greet back.

"I've got a good feeling about today," Taehyung said before waving and sprinting off.

The streets of New York were busy as usual. Taehyung had to do his best to dodge the rushed workers on their phones with their coffees. It's become quite the skill. Cars honking and loud vendors filled Taehyung's ear. He mentally cursed at himself for forgetting his earbuds, but he wasn't going to let that ruin his day. He woke up with a smile, which was odd for Taehyung who was not the morning person, and he just had a feeling in his stomach that something amazing was about to happen.

Soon enough, he reached his college, where he'd spend the next six hours. Taehyung is a photography major. It's always been a hobby of his, and when he came to an age where he should be thinking of his future, he realized he had no plan. Although he enjoyed it, he wasn't sure he wanted to pursue it as a career. For now, Taehyung's was just going to enjoy the student life, maybe graduate and get a job to earn a decent living for himself.

"Tae!" he heard someone yell as soon as he entered his class. His eyes searched for the person until he spotted a frantically waving Baekhyun. Taehyung smiled back and walked over to where he was sitting to take a seat beside him.

"Wonder what Mr. Wills is going to yell about today. Good morning class, I've got a great news. A new assignment!" Taehyung joked, imitating his professor and getting the others to laugh along. The boy was the clown in their friend group, never failing to make others laugh. Even if what he says isn't necessarily funny, he somehow does it. His cute boxed smile is also very contagious.