twenty-two: threat

"Seems like they made up."

"Should we wake them up?"

"They look adorable though."

"We have to."

"Let me take a quick picture."

"For what?"

"Their wedding, duh."

"They could just be cuddling as friends."

"Oh trust me, that's not how friends cuddle."

"Jeongguk's eyes glow when he looks at him."

"What! Seriously?"

"Guys, that's not important right now. Let's just wake them up."

"Fine, I'll do it. Jeongguk? Your highness? Taehyung?"

Jeongguk groaned, hearing some kind of distant buzz in his ears that made him stir. He tightened his grip around Taehyung and snuggled closer. Taehyung also began to shift. He moved to lay on his side so that the two got even closer than before.

"These two... My Elvador– Guys!"

Taehyung and Jeongguk both groaned but they still couldn't completely hear the voice. Their eyes opened slowly and they both got a glimpse at each other's face.

"'Morning, cutie," Taehyung said in his raspy morning-voice.

"Your majesty," Jeongguk closed his eyes and replied, neither noticing the bodies hovering around them.

"You're so pretty, you know that?" Taehyung whispered, moving some pieces of hair away from Jeongguk's forehead.

"And you're the biggest flirt, you know that?" Jeongguk replied with a smile. The two would've kept going if it weren't for the other elves in the room clearing their throat.

Taehyung and Jeongguk's eyes opened wide as they looked up to see Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi standing there with their arms crossed. The two immediately pulled away from each other and sat up. Jeongguk managed to stumble his way out of the bed and stand up straight without falling.

"Uh, hello," Jeongguk said, combing his fingers through his hair to tame his probably messy-do.

"Yeah, hi," Jimin replied with a grin.

"What you– um, what are you guys here for?" Taehyung asked, pretending as if they didn't see what was happening.

Yoongi sucked in a breath through his teeth. "We're being kicked out."

"What? We still have one more day," Jeongguk said, hands dropping from his head.

"We're not being kicked out," Hoseok said and gave a light shove to his boyfriend. "They think it's best for us to leave as your safety may be in danger. The attack may have been an ambush, it is still under investigation."

Taehyung nodded as he understood what was going on. It wasn't his safety they were worried about, it was all of theirs after seeing Taehyung's capability.

"I'll get ready," Taehyung said and the three nodded and left the room. Jeongguk noticed the shift in Taehyung's mood and stayed back.

"What's wrong?" Jeongguk asked taking a seat on the bed.

Taehyung brought his knees up and hugged them close to his chest. "I'm just scared what everyone's reaction will be."

"You saved lives, Tae. You're a hero. Don't worry, okay?" Jeongguk said. "Now get ready, I'll come back and pick you up, then we can go down together, okay?" he said and Taehyung nodded. Jeongguk got up and leaned down to place a kiss on the top of Taehyung's head before leaving the room.