thirteen: the truth

"Your majesty," greeted the young stable elf with a bow. The man that was there when Taehyung had first come wasn't present.

"Hi there," Taehyung replied with a smile. "Can I take Mage out for a stroll?"

"Oh, but Sir Namjoon had told my father not to let you go out alone," the elf-boy said.

"I won't go so far. I just want to clear my head," Taehyung tried.

The elf thought about it for a moment. "But I should wait for my father to come b–"

"Please," Taehyung stretched with a pout.

The elf put his head down getting a little flustered as he's never had a prince in a way beg to him in such a manner. "Well I cant go against your word... Give me a second," he said then rushed into the stable. He came out with the beautiful pegasus Taehyung was familiar with.

"Mage!" Taehyung called, running over to her. The pegasus flapped her wings at his sight. Taehyung put his head and hand to Mage's head, connecting them both. Taehyung then got himself on in a swift move.

"Thank you," Taehyung thanked the stable elf who bowed his head in return. Taehyung made sure to wave to him as he took off. When he turned his head to focus on where he's going, his smile dropped.

He made Mage go at the fastest pace so that he got to the shield as quickly as he could. Once at the edge, he remained up in the sky.

"Zorock!" he screamed out, knowing he'd have ears everywhere. There wasn't a response. He tried again. And again. And again.

"You fucking asshole!" Taehyung screamed with all the energy he had in him. His chest rose and fell as he waited for something other than his echoes. Taehyung shut his eyes and made Mage turn around.

"Now is that the appropriate term to address your dear uncle?" a voice said. Taehyung and Mage turned around at the speed of light.

Zorock smiled. "Especially when there is something you want from me?"

Taehyung felt his confidence weaken looking at the elf, but he didn't let it show. Although when Zorock's smirk widened, Taehyung wasn't sure of that as well.

"The secret you said that was being hidden from me, what is it?" Taehyung asked, getting a little closer to the shield.

"Ah, so you still don't know?" Zorock said, putting a finger to his chin. "Well, I suppose I could just tell you."

"Then tell me," Taehyung forced through gritted teeth.

"You'll know once you have your magic–"

Taehyung didn't let him finish his sentence as he shot at the shield with all he had. It hit the shield and dispersed in a grey mist. Taehyung stared at it seeing how that never happened before.

"Well well, I guess it's time to let you know. Oh where shall I begin?"

Taehyung snapped his head away and looked at Zorock, giving the elf all his attention.

"Long ago, a war had broken out between this country and a neighbouring one. An ugly war it was. During that time, an ancestor of ours sought out the help of a powerful elf that changed his gift. A gift that combined all the powers of the four elements into one. The elf was able to lead the war into a victory. The country then was able to prosper and be oh so powerful. The people all began to worship him in either fear or some kind of feeling of loyalty, and so became this monarchy."

Taehyung nodded, but he knew about all of this. His aunt Linda had already taught him about all of this history, but Taehyung didn't dare to interrupt.