twelve: trust

"Hey."

"Ah!" Taehyung yelled, jumping out his seat.

Jeongguk stood there, a little shocked at the older's reaction. Taehyung placed a hand on his heart and controlled his breathing.

"You scared me!"

"Sorry," Jeongguk said sounding confused on why he got scared at his harmless greeting. He eventually shrugged it off. "Ready for more training?"

Taehyung sighed. "I'm starting to get tired of this. I'm never going to be able to get this right."

"You won't if you give up now," Jeongguk said, setting up some practice mannequins.

Taehyung sat back down. "I didn't say I'm giving up. Just saying I don't think it's getting anywhere."

Jeongguk walked over to the elf and bent down so that they were at eye level. Taehyung's heart began to race at their proximity. Oh yeah, his stupid crush.

"W-What?" Taehyung stuttered out.

"I thought you said you wanted to be a good king."

"I do."

"Then get of your ass and hit those targets."

Taehyung was finally able to breathe as Jeongguk pulled away to stand at the side. Taehyung thought if it was really necessary to get that close for that.

Taehyung stood up and stretched out his arms, cracked his knuckles, and loosened his body up. He'll never get used to the feelings of all the sparks running through Taehyung's body as it rushes to his hand. He shot at the first mannequin, literally blasting it into pieces that flew off every which way.

Jeongguk created a shield of ice, as he was expecting it, covering both of them, deflecting any parts coming their pay. His shield then disappeared.

"Damn," Jeongguk said with a nod.

Taehyung smiled, a little too proud.

"Okay, now just knock it over," Jeongguk said.

Taehyung stepped over so that he was facing the other mannequin. He used his levitation skills (that he can now use after lots and lots of one on one practice with Jimin and Jeongguk) to just simply make it fall.

Jeongguk sighed and lifted the mannequin back up straight with his own power. "With the spell we practiced please."

Taehyung pursed his lips. He knew it'd turn exactly like the first one, and it did.

"Okay, back to square one," Jeongguk said, plotting himself down on the ground.

Taehyung frowned and sat down in front of his. Taehyung clapped his hands together lazily, again tired of the activity he once found so beautiful, but still created the orb. He'd been able to control that after various attempts, but it was such a small thing and he didn't exactly know how he did it.

"What's that?" Jeongguk asked, squinting his eyes as he looked at the orb.

"Hm?" Taehyung copies his action.

"The little gray swirl. I swear this was all white before," Jeongguk said. Taehyung saw it too, but he also couldn't remember if it had been there previously or not.

Jeongguk shook his head. "It's whatever. Now make it bigger."

"What? But I've been trying not to make it smaller this ent–"

"Just make it bigger," Jeongguk forced.

Taehyung huffed and began to slowly stretch out his hands, the orb getting bigger as he went on. Taehyung looked up at Jeongguk who looked at it with a cold frown, Taehyung's eyes dulling as he was hoping to see another impressed smile.