three: lies

Taehyung grumbled and turned in his half-asleep state. His eyes opened slowly and closed, unconsciously reaching for his blanket and pulling it up higher. What he didn't expect was to feel a very soft velvet, unlike the crusty cotton sheet. Confused, he opened his eyes again, only to see tiled ceiling. He looked around, thinking about how in the world Jimin switched their bunk bed for a canopy bed.

And that's when it hit.

Taehyung screamed. He screamed and screamed, as loud as he could. Instantly by his side were probably all the maids and guards, Namjoon, and a couple other unknown uniformed elves.

"Oh my fucking god, why the fuck am I still dreaming?" He yelled, snapping up from his bed. He grabbed the blanket and crawled back, his back hitting the headboard. "What the fuck? What the actual fuck?"

"Your majesty, please refrain from using such language. You may all go, it was a false alarm. Prepare breakfast for the prince," Namjoon said calmly. Everyone nodded, bowed, and left the two alone.

"Someone explain. Why does this dream feel so long?" Taehyung started. He looked around, starting to touch everything around him. "Why does it feel so real??"

"As we tried to explain yesterday, it is," the older stated.

Taehyung froze. His hand returned to his lap as he slumped down into the very comfortable bed. He then began shaking his head. "No! No no no no no. I'm still dreaming. God why isn't Jimin waking me up??"

"Because he's still in Earth, unfortunately," Namjoon said.

"Okay, okay. Let me gather my thoughts." Taehyung took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, repeating a couple times to calm down. "I'm in a parallel universe, in a planet called Elvador, prince of the Kingdom Saphia, I have powers that I have not mastered yet, my parents are dead, the only family I have is my cousin Seokjin and his mother, and I'm an elf. Are you sure it's not a dream?"

Namjoon smiled. "Yes, your majesty."

"Y-Yeah, um, I need a moment. Alone, please?"

"Of course, I will wait in the dining room." With that, Namjoon left the room closing the door behind him quietly.

Taehyung looked around once again, taking in all the extravagant furniture and layout. It truly was a work of art. Then, immediately proceeded to jump out of the bed and scramble around to look for a way to escape. See, Taehyung was convinced he has been kidnapped.

"There's no other way. The window is the only option," Taehyung said to himself. He made his way to the large window, showing off the pretty view of the morning sky and the village looking like tiny dots. He searched until he found a way to open it. He looked down and gulped knowing he'll never make it alive. "Well, it's better than getting chopped up and having parts of me shipped off to god knows where."

He first sticked out his head, then placed his arms on the frame for support as he began sticking his leg out–

"Why are you still trying to jump out of a window? I told you, you can't fly yet."

Startled, Taehyung stumbled back, hitting his head against the frame in the process and landing on his back. He groaned and opened his eyes to see and upside down Jeongguk staring down at him.

He frowned. "What're you doing?"

Taehyung scrambled to his feet and got in a defensive stance. "Back off, I know umm... karate!"

The young elf lifted a brow. He scanned the boy from head to toe and sighed. "We've got lot of work to do," he muttered to himself. He unfolded his arms. "Dress up. You need to eat. We're heading back to Earth to get your stuff and someone afterwards. I'll wait outside, be quick."