five: rekindled friendship

Namjoon led him down long hallways before finally stopping in front of a large door. The door was decorated in intricate patterns and beautiful engravings, little jewels embedded in them.

"This was once your parents' chamber," Namjoon explained. He placed his hand on the handle. It glowed bright before Namjoon was able to open it. They walked in together, Taehyung taking in bits of the rooms one by one. It was an empty room except for the large painting on the wall and candles all over.

Taehyung walked closer, slowly taking in all the details of his parents' features. His father looked confident in his pose, his smile warming his rough looking demeanour. His mother was absolutely stunning, sparkling brighter than any piece of jewelry on her neck. He grazed his hand over the caption. King Jaewon, Queen Mira, & Prince Taehyung. He then looked at the little one in the middle.

"That's me?" Taehyung questioned. He looked to be about three or four, but Taehyung definitely saw his defining features on him.

Namjoon nodded. "This was their most prized possession. Their favorite painting by an artist very near and dear to them."

Taehyung smiled, looking at the entire painting as one again. They looked like a very happy family. The perfect family. He wondered what it would've been like if he had never been sent to Earth. Would he had to see through his parent's death? Would he have grown up with a rage to avenge his parents? Taehyung felt bad for not being able to remember, since from how everyone has described these two wonderful elves to him, their son should be missing them dearly.

"Shall we greet them now, your majesty?" Namjoon asked, snapping the prince out of his thoughts.

"Yes," Taehyung answered simply. Namjoon walked over to one of the candles, turning a small hook right under. A opening in the wall opened, revealing a yellow portal. The two stepped in, Namjoon typed on the screen and in a flash, the portal closed and opened again.

Taehyung was greeted by the fresh scents of nature, mixed with different unfamiliar flower fragrances, all smelling wonderful. A beautiful garden with two large stones in the middle, Taehyung instantly knew it was their graves. Taehyung tightened his grip on the flowers he had picked earlier as he walked up to it. Namjoon stayed by the portal, letting Taehyung have a moment alone.

The prince laid the flowers down. He bowed and then took a seat on the ground.

"Well, hello," Taehyung started awkwardly. He laughed lightly at himself. "Ah, I really don't know what to say. I heard you were wonderful people. I really wish I remembered." He weaved his hand through the grass, just keeping quiet for a moment.

"I don't know if I can live up to your name, but I will surely try. I will make you proud, I know I'm not ready but I can be a good King. Mom and dad, back on Earth, they raised me very well. I hope you'd forgive me, but I think they've been punished enough. I'm planning on bringing them back here, they deserve that much..."

Taehyung read over their gravestones, smiling reading their honourable titles. "I don't know why– actually I do, but, I really wish I could see both of you. Just once."

He stayed their for some more time, and probably would've spent the entire day there if he could. Namjoon approached the elf, placing his hand on his shoulder. Taehyung looked up, which shocked the older a bit.

"Your majesty..." Namjoon called, but couldn't find the right words. He reached in his pocket, pulling out a new handkerchief and passing it to the prince. Taehyung looked at it confused, but finally felt his wet cheeks. He reached up to confirm that he was in fact spilling tears without realizing it. He took the handkerchief, patting the tears away.