twenty: crystal ball

"This is stupid," Jennifer complained, throwing her hands in the air. Taehyung paused mid-sip and Jin and Iris stopped giggling about something.

"Pardon me?" Taehyung asked and set down his cup.

"Do they think we're still kids to be having a tea party?" Jennifer whined.

"They only want us to get to know one another, sister," Iris said quietly, placing a hand of Jennifer's arm.

"No, they–" Jennifer began but cut herself off as her attention caught something else. She was immediately up from her seat and everyone followed her line of vision. The rest of Leonava made their way in along with Namjoon and everyone understood why there was extra seats and plates.

"I hope we're not too late," Hoseok said, flashing a smile.

"Not at all, take a seat. Gguk, sit here," Jennifer said walking up to Jeongguk. The elf smiled and let her hook her arm in Jeongguk's arm and lead him to the seat beside hers.

"Thank you, Princess Jennie," Jeongguk said and took his seat. Jennifer beamed a no problem and sat down. Taehyung keenly watched their interaction, scoffing at the wha Jennifer batted her eyes at Jeongguk. As they were on nickname basis, they must be closer than Taehyung thought.

"We're happy you could join us," Iris welcomed them all politely.

"We're grateful for the warm invitation," Namjoon replied.

"Jeongguk, you have to try these. They're to die for," Jennifer said and used the tong to pick up a piece of biscuit and placed it on his plate. Jeongguk showed his gratitude by pouring the lady-elf some tea into her cup.

Taehyung was beginning to get annoyed. He didn't mind that Jennifer liked Jeongguk, if Jeongguk liked her as well he'd completely respect that, but he still couldn't help but feel jealous. Taehyung knew he shouldn't think of Jeongguk as some kind of object, but he wanted Jeongguk to only look at him like that. Only smile like that at him, only take care of him.

As he was burning holes through the two with his stares, Jeongguk seemed to have felt the pair of eyes on him as he looked up to meet Taehyung right across. Taehyung realized he was pouting and quickly straightened himself out, unfolding the arms that he didn't know were crossed so tightly. What pissed him off more was how Jeongguk just smiled. He smiled! It was almost a smirk, as if he knew how Taehyung was feeling.

See, Taehyung was not about to let Jeongguk have the upper hand. Hs began to extend his leg out as much as he could under the table. He was careful to go around Jennifer's dress and soon enough, he reached Jeongguk's foot. Jeongguk stopped whatever conversation he was having with Jennifer and looked at Taehyung, alarmed. Taehyung just stared back at him, pretending as if he was doing nothing.

Jeongguk gave a light kick to Taehyung foot, getting it off of his own and resumed talking to Jennifer. Then he felt it again, except this time Taehyung's foot was dragging up and down his shin, from his ankle and just barely to the knee. He even managed to hook onto the bottom on Jeongguk's pants, gathering it up and Taehyung's shoe made contact with his bare skin. Jeongguk didn't realize how hot his body had become until he felt how cold the tip of his shoe was.

The younger elf stood up abruptly, startling Jennifer but Taehyung smiled as he received just the reaction he wanted. "I'll be right back," he said to Jennifer then eyed Taehyung, tilting his head motioning him to follow. Before Jennifer could inquire, Jeongguk left the room. She would've followed after him if Namjoon hadn't began to ask her about some flower he saw in their garden. Taehyung managed to slip out of the room without any one questioning him.

He was pleased to see Jeongguk standing against a wall waiting for him. As Taehyung opened his mouth to tease the younger, Jeongguk grabbed his wrist and lead him to a more secluded area with no guards around.