twenty-six: their world

Thank you to everyone who left a pickup line on the previous chapter! I used a few of them (I'm sorry if I didn't include yours !!) and I'll comment the user @ on the line for credits (tell me if I make a mistake) and in case you were so impressed that you think they deserve a follow!

—•

"Taehyung, where are you taking me? We're going to be late to dinner," Jeongguk groaned as he clutched on tightly to Taehyung's waist. They were both on Mage, flying to an unknown destination to Jeongguk.

It was odd at first. The two weren't exactly on casual speaking terms yet. Jeongguk had come out of the shower after taking a refreshing bath following training to see Taehyung waiting for him with his outfit ready. It was a little too pretty and sparkly for dinner but Jeongguk didn't question it. All the older said was "come with me" before he grabbed his wrist and began leading off to somewhere.

"My Elvador, I swear to god if you're going to make me meet Zorock–"

"No, of course not," Taehyung cut in. "Let that be the last talk we have about him tonight."

Jeongguk sighed and remained quiet for the rest of the ride. Just enjoying the evening sky with the side of his face pressed against Taehyung's back, the view was breathtaking.

"Close your eyes. No cheating," Taehyung said and turned his head back as best as he could.

"No," Jeongguk said simply and Taehyung pouted.

"Just trust me and close your eyes."

Jeongguk sighed again but followed the older's instructing. He felt the air around them shift and he knew they were landing. As much as he wanted to take a peak due to his impatient nature, he wanted to not ruin whatever Taehyung had planned and shut his eyes right. Mage hit the ground and her movements got slower before she came to a full stop.

"Okay, I want you to keep them still closed while I help you down. That alright?" Taehyung asked and Jeongguk nodded. He removed his arms from the older and leaned upright. Taehyung got off and grabbed Jeongguk's hands, guiding him carefully to throw one leg over and slide down. The elf managed to get off and Taehyung let go of his hands only to use them to cover his eyes from the back in an instant.

"Think I'll peak?" Jeongguk joked, the tension easing out a little.

"Oh I know you'll peak," he replied. "Okay, now start walking."

Jeongguk took slow steps and whenever Taehyung slightly tilted his head, he knew he had to adjust his direction.

"Stop," Taehyung and and Jeongguk stopped walking. "Open your eyes," Taehyung whispered then pulled his hands away and Jeongguk got his first look. A gasp slipped his lips at the sight.

It was beautiful, really. The willow trees were sparkling with lights hung all around. Fireflies gave a green hue to the illumination. Flowers blossomed to compliment the blue sky, almost looking like crystals with their glow. In the middle of it all was a pond that laid so still Jeongguk was afraid even letting out a breath would disturb it.

"How'd you–" Jeongguk started but need to pause to take everything in. "How'd you find this place?"

Taehyung was just going through the forest during one of his meets with Zorock and the flowers instantly reminded him of his lover's beautiful eyes but he can't say that to Jeongguk.

"Stunning, no?" Taehyung chose to say and Jeongguk nodded, finally looking at Taehyung.

"It is but Tae, I know what you're trying to do. If you think this gesture is going to change my mind–"