fourteen: a royal confession

Taehyung's opened his eyes slowly, taking him a few blinks to adjust himself to the light.

"How are you feeling?" a soft voice asked him. Taehyung turned his head slowly to face the younger.

"I'm feeling better," he replied, lifting himself up and put his back against the board.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Jeongguk asked.

Taehyung shook his head. "Not right now."

"Namjoon wanted to see you."

"Could you tell him I'm tired? I'll see him tomorrow morning."

Jeongguk nodded. Taehyung also requested for his dinner to be sent up but he didn't end up eating it. He was too caught up thinking about everything that he stayed up nearly the entire night. He did eventually fall asleep but he woke up with his mind clear.

Taehyung got up, ate breakfast and got himself ready. As soon as Jeongguk came in to his room, he asked, "where's Namjoon?"

"He's in his chamber. I'll walk you there," Jeongguk offered. Taehyung nodded. Taking time to gather his thoughts really helped. He knew exactly what he needed to do and what he wanted to do.

Once they reached Namjoon's door, Jeongguk gave him a smile before leaving him alone. Taehyung knocked twice and waited for Namjoon to come open the door. When he did, Namjoon greeted him and stepped to the side to let him in.

"You knew," Taehyung said as soon as the doors shut.

"It was only a suspicion, but yes, I did."

"Do you believe in the curse?"

"I wish I didn't, but I have too."

Taehyung turned around so that he faced Namjoon. "Proceed with the coronation plans."

"I can't put this kingdom at risk."

Taehyung lifted a brow. "Do you really think I'd be a threat to my people?"

"Zorock was the last person I thought would ever harm his people, and look at him now."

Taehyung stepped closer. "Well I'm going to do something he couldn't. I'll prove this curse wrong. I will strengthen the shield once again and make our kingdom prosper. I know I can. Proceed with the coronation preparations. This is an order from your prince."

Namjoon clenched his jaw. "Yes, your majesty."

Taehyung gave a short nod and left the room. For once since he'd arrived here, he felt so sure of himself. He felt the fire he needed in him to get himself motivated. He turned on his wrist call and checked for Jeongguk's location, who showed he was at the gym. Of course.

Taehyung huried his way over and opened the doors with his mind, something he now loves to do, grabbing Jeongguk attention instantly.

"Hey, cutie," Taehyung greeted as he walked in.

Jeongguk set down his weights that he'd just began to lift. He knotted his brows at the nickname he hadn't heard since their first encounter.

"Hey..." Jeongguk stretched, getting a little suspicious at the older's sudden mood change.

"So, um, what happened yesterday?" Jeongguk asked again.

"I promise I'll tell you, but just not now. Okay?" Taehyung replied, keeping his smile. Jeongguk pressed his lips and nodded. 

"Oh, and can you come to the ballroom once you finish working out? Don't ask questions, just come," Taehyung said, and before Jeongguk could say anything, he left the room with a wave.