fifteen: sweet talk

"Skandedem," Hoseok said sprinkling the glitter over Taehyung's face then placed the mask that would change his appearance on him. "Hoseok Jung."

"Thank you, Hoseok," Taehyung said and patted his shoulder. "And again, please do not let anyone know of this."

Hoseok bit his lip and nodded, knowing he shouldn't be allowing this. "As long as you don't pull the same stunt as last time. Yoongi's still being weird around me."

"Sorry," Taehyung offered with a smile. He thanked the elf again before he left the palace. Seeing how the guards let him go without question, the spell worked and he looked like Hoseok.

Taehyung went down to the "Spellbooks & more" shop he'd seen when he first got to Elvador. He went inside the empty shop and the elf there looked up at him from the book he was writing something in.

"Welcome. What're you looking for?" the elf asked, not sounding welcome at all.

"Hoseok Jung from Leonava, I work for the palace," Taehyung said as smooth as possible. "We need a potion that will not get the sensor acting up at the shield."

The elf closed his book and lifted a brow. "You need a potion that you could just whip up in the palace?"

Taehyung just stared back and blinked. He nodded his head slowly. "Well. That's true. Okay, I guess I'll just go."

Taehyung turned around to leave but he elf spoke. "Never said I wouldn't sell it to you. Wait here."

Taehyung smiled and turned back around. The elf went through a door leading to the back and came back with a bottle filled with a clear liquid.

"Here, it'll work as long as you don't wash it off. One third of it should be good for one elf," he said, placing the bottle on the counter.

"What about a Pegasus?" Taehyung inquired.

"You need one for a Pegasus too?" the elf asked and Taehyung nodded. The man went back and got another potion except it was a transparent blue and placed it beside the other potion.

"A third of this will do as well. That'll be 20 golds," the elf said going up to the cash register.

"20 gold?" Taehyung exclaimed. He'd only brought 25 pieces of gold with him but he could clear out a whole bakery with that much.

The elf nodded. "Expensive ingredients."

Taehyung sighed and pulled out his pouch with all his money, took out 20 gold pieces and handed it to the elf. He wrote up a receipt and gave it to Taehyung along with a bag with the potions. Taehyung thanked the shopkeeper and went back to the palace and straight to the stable.

Taehyung informed the stable elf of the official booking he made with Hoseok's name. He quickly got Mage and went off to the shield after making use of the potions. Once he arrived, he took of the mask Hoseok instructed to be careful with if he wanted to put it back on again. He might look like a wonkier version of Hoseok but it'll do.

"Uncle Zorock!" Taehyung yelled once and waited a few seconds before the said uncle appeared in front of him.

"Mm, we're being respectful now huh?" the pale elf said putting a finger to his chin.

"I didn't want to scream my lungs out again," Taehyung said. "You have an ugly name."

Zorock widened his mouth and pretended to be offend. "Oh my my, how mean of you. Truly evil. I am devastated. Your heart is pure coal."

Taehyung let out a short laugh at the elf's sarcastic remark.

"Ahh, finally some appreciation for my excellent humour," Zorock said showing a smile. Maybe the first genuine one that Taehyung has seen.