eighteen: coronation

Taehyung faced his mirror and stood in the middle of the stand with his arms raised. After the alterations from the fitting, the robe fit Taehyung very well. He finally got the time to appreciate all the little details made of the most expensive materials. The design has apparently been passed down for generations and over the years they've only improved.

He had to admit, he looked killer in the red and gold robe. They even gave him some accessories for his hair, which he wishes now was longer and wonders if there's a spell for that. He even got his makeup lightly done.

As Taehyung kept admiring himself, he heard two little knocks on the door. Jimin has told him earlier that he'd come before to give him a quick pep talk so he opened the door without looking.

"Hey," the elf greeted, and this was very much not Jimin's voice.

Taehyung turned around with a pleases smile. "Hey Gguk, how do I look?"

Jeongguk stopped in his tracks, his mouth slightly agape. He looked at the older from head to toe as Taehyung waited eagerly to hear Jeongguk's input.

"You look..." Jeongguk started, searching for what he wanted to say.

"Good? Amazing? Stunning? Jaw-dropping? Like a supermodel?" Taehyung began suggesting and strutting into random poses.

"Beautiful," Jeongguk finished, his word coming out a little airy.

Taehyung dropped the hand from his head and waist from his last pose and smiled shyly, getting all flustered for such a tiny compliment. He stepped off the stand and walked over to Jeongguk.

"Thanks," Taehyung said.

Jeongguk looked at him, looking kind of lost until he began blinkling rapidly and shook his head lightly. "Right, um, Jimin said he's been bombarded with the coronation set up  and that he couldn't come to see you before you have to go down. He also said, 'You'll do great. Love you loads. Show them who the motherfuckin' king is.'" Jeongguk explained.

Taehyung nodded, his lip jutting out a little. He was really hoping his best friend would come and calm him down before he'd have to face everyone, especially all the new face that'd come from all over the world for the occasion.

"You'll be fine," Jeongguk said, noticing the slight panic.

Taehyung forced a smile but his nervousness only grew. Taehyung was the type to not feel all the stress hit until the last minute, and when it came, it was uncontrollable.

"Can I practice my speech with you?" Taehyung asked, floating over his paper with all his notes and handed it over to Jeongguk. Jeongguk nodded and took a seat as Taehyung began to say the speech, stuttering and stumbling over his words.

Jeongguk stood up when Taehyung gave up, knowing he won't get through all of it. He walked and stood right in front of Taehyung, who had his eyes shut tightly and his hand balled into a fist and pressed against his mouth.

"Calm down, Tae. When you step up on that podium and see everyone who came to celebrate this day, the words will find you," Jeongguk said softly.

Taehyung opened his eyes and dropped his hands, a genuine smile forming now. He nodded. "I sure hope so."

Jeongguk offered a small smile. Taehyung sighed and tilted his head, his shine returning.

"No good luck kiss?" Taehyung asked playfully.

Jeongguk's smile dropped while Taehyung's grin widened. Jeongguk stood there, staring surprised until Taehyung broke out into laughter.

"You cutie, I'm kid–" Taehyung was saying but was stopped and Jeongguk grabbed the sides of his face and pressed his lips against Taehyung's cheek. He let go and pulled away, a blush now dusted over both their cheeks.