twenty-five: hugs and kisses

Taehyung observed from up high Water Section B of the recruits training. He looked over at them all practicing with their swords as their gifts were good enough for long-distance attacks. Neither would work against shadow creatures but those weren't the only beast Zorock conjured up. He watched them all go synchronized movements, but his eyes always found way to one particular elf.

"Your highness," General Henry greeted him, walking over to stand beside him. Taehyung nodded to acknowledge his presence.

"How are they doing?" Taehyung inquired. It's been a little over two weeks since the announcement. All eight kingdoms were of course alarmed but once all the major rulers got together and listened out to Taehyung's plan, the majority (he won by one vote) of them were in favour of it.

"Alright. We were hoping for more volunteers but it's enough. Female volunteers have been much higher than we expected so all will be good, I hope," Henry said, bringing his hands behind his back and looking at the practicing to-be soldiers. Everyone was only alerted of the weakening shield, no one knew about Taehyung's restoration plan and they kept it that way so that they would receive more recruits in this die or fight situation.

"And Jeongguk?" Taehyung couldn't help but asking.

"Oh he's a Jeon alright. Just like his father, I used to be his right-hand elf," he said proudly, a chuckle leaving his lips at the memory. "Kid's got the same fire in his eyes. I wouldn't worry too much about him."

Taehyung nodded hearing the information he already knew. That didn't stop him from worrying, though. Maybe got him even more stressed that Jeongguk was just the type to run straight into danger to protect others.

"Are you adjusting to your own personal training?" Henry inquired. "I sent you the best elf we've got."

"Yes. Well, I've gotten used to it," Taehyung replied. He then turned his body towards him to give him all his attention. "I want to tell you again that I am in no way trying to imply that I don't trust you to lead us to our victory."

"Oh, your highness. You say this every time. I know, and I'm grateful to be fighting alongside you. Grateful to be serving such a caring King."

Taehyung smile and nodded. The General gave his shoulder a strong pat and bowedbefore going back down to meet with the trainees. Taehyung took in a deep breath and returned his gaze to the soldiers. When his eyes landed on Jeongguk again, that time the younger was staring back at him. They didn't break contact until they got to last position where they put the sword back in their belt.

Taehyung looked away first. He turned around and went down the stairs to get to his personal training on the opposite side of the field. There awaited his trainer and Prince Jin.

Taehyung's brows were raised at the new guest. "What're you doing here?" he asked walking over and picking up his sword. Jin scoffed, pretending to be offended but Taehyung laughed and gave him the look telling him that's not what he meant.

"I'm here to train with you," Jin answered his question.

"Well, you're two weeks behind," Taehyung said in a joking tone.

"Actually, you're a few years behind, cousin. I'm just touching up my skills," Jin fired back and Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"But really, what's going on?"

Jin toyed with his swords. He waved his fingers, letting it float in the air and spin around. "I want to fight alongside you," Jin opened with and he noticed the change in Taehyung's expression. Jin continued before the younger could say a word.

"Before you say anything, I have my reasons, so hear me out, okay? Ever since I became a prince, I always felt as if I wasn't worthy for the title. My mother was who my Uncle and Aunt chose, not me. I keep thinking I didn't earn or deserve this rank. They say the people like me for my kindness but I don't know the words they speak when I am not around. I want to prove myself. I want to prove that I deserve to be called Seokjin, Prince of Saphia."