eleven: all the kinds of love

Taehyung waited until Jimin finally came to his room. He'd been waiting there for what felt like forever. He'd taken the much encouraged nap and just regretted it. He'd had a dream. No, a nightmare.

He was in the middle of this forest and suddenly a dark black cloud began swirling around him – began engulfing him. He cried out, his voice echoing and sounding scratched. The cloud ate him up until there was no more light to shine through. Surrounded him until Taehyung woke up in a cold sweat.

"Hey, you're here. Came to say goodnight?" Jimin asked approaching the younger. He patted his shoulder and opened the doors to his room, Taehyung following after him silently.

"Are you feeling alright?" Jimin asked, taking off his accessories and placing them on his table.

"Mhm."

Jimin nodded, digging through his drawer for his nightwear. "You should get some sleep. The next few weeks are probably going to be hectic."

"Why won't you look me in the eye?" Taehyung asked, finally speaking.

Jimin froze for a moment. He then turned around, his lips that were resting curving into a smile. A fake smile Taehyung saw right through.

"What do you mean, silly?" Jimin asked, giving a quick chuckle before going back to his closet. He took out a random silk robe and began undressing. It was usual for the two to dress in front of each other.

"Jimin, are you hiding something from me?" Taehyung questioned, carefully observing the change in Jimin's facial expression.

Jimin tied the belt, securing the robe. He looked at Taehyung with the plastic smile again. "When have I ever hidden something from you? Well, other than the whole elf prince thing," he answered, adding a forced laugh at the end.

Taehyung leaned against the bed frame, arms crossed and brow raised. "Really?"

"Gosh. Go to bed, Tae."

Taehyung sighed. "What do you think about my gift?"

It was just for a split second, but Taehyung saw the panic that washed over him

"I think it's wonderful. You're going to be just like your father. Maybe greater."

"And Namjoon?"

"He thinks the same."

Taehyung nodded. He knew he wasn't going to get anything out of Jimin. Although he was a terrible liar, if he wanted to hide or protect something, he'll go to the ends to do so.

"Goodnight, Jimin," Taehyung said, heading to the doors.

"Night, Tae. Love you lots," Jimin replied.

Taehyung looked back. He didn't have a reason to be mad at Jimin, he knew if the older's lips weren't sealed he would've told Taehyung in a heartbeat. Now that makes t all the more suspicious, that it was something Jimin wanted to hide from the younger as well.

Taehyung smiled. "Love you too. Sweet dreams."

•—•—•

Taehyung entered the training room, but unlike usual days, there were more spectators today. Namjoon, Yoongi, Prince Jin and his mother sat at a table at the side.

"Oh, Prince Taehyung has arrived," Linda said. She got up and went to give him a hug as greeting. "I heard all the good news," she said with a bright smile. "Sorry I was away on another trip, but I won't have to do all this alone now that you'll join me."

Taehyung lifted his brows, a little confused on what she meant but nodded anyways. He said a few more words to his aunt before going over to Jeongguk who was setting up some sort of machine with Hoseok.