ten: unleashing the power

"Like this," Jasmine demonstrated how to properly braid hair on Tallulah. She was about three or four years older than the latter, probably the oldest in the bunch. She didn't speak much, but Jasmine declared her as her best friend.

"Woah," Taehyung sounded out, genuinely impressed.

"Thanks Lu," Jasmine said to her model who nodded with a small smile. "Now you try," she said, ready to unbraid the hair for Taehyung but he stopped her.

"Wait wait– I'll need a reference."

Jasmine nodded, taking her hand off and instead tying the end with a piece of string. "My hair's too short to braid though. Lu's the only one with long enough hair."

Taehyung hummed, scanning through all the kids to confirm that it was true. His eyes then brightened as they landed on someone. "Jeongguk!" he called out, grabbing the elf's attention.

Jeongguk stopped in the middle of the field, trapping the ball in between his feet, panting as he yelled back, "Yeah?"

"C'mere!" Taehyung shouted with a big smile, motioning the younger to come over with his hand.

Jeongguk eyed the prince suspiciously before tossing the ball to one of the young ones and telling them he'll be right back and to continue. He jogged over to where they were seated.

"Is something wrong?" Jeongguk asked with folded arms.

Taehyung patted the patch of grass beside him, telling him to sit down. "Let me braid your hair!"

Jeongguk raised a brow at that. His hair was currently just a bit above his chin. It was short compared to all the other elves in the palace, and he actually had the shortest until Jimin and Taehyung returned. He just thought it was a nuisance to grow out and put up everyday.

"My hair isn't that long," Jeongguk said, but still taking a seat because his legs were aching.

"I'll just do a tiny one here," Taehyung said, scooting over so that he was behind the elf. He didn't even let Jeongguk protest against he and began to grab a small section of hair hair and began to part it in three as instructed.

"Lu and I will make a grass crown for Googie!" Jasmine said and was immediately up on her feet. Jasmine grabbed onto Tallulah and ran off to find long pieces of grass.

"Wait but my reference–" Taehyung started but the two had already run off. He sighed and turned back to Jeongguk.

"Googie?" Taehyung questioned with a chuckle.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "It just stuck. And hey, I like it!"

"Mhm, you're so sweaty, Googie. "

Jeongguk could only let out an airy laugh. Taehyung continued in his attempt to braid, restarting numerous times, very concentrated. By the time the girls had gotten back, he was only able to finish one braid.

"That's looks so good!" Jasmine praised, giggling as she hovered a hand over it. "Lu, show them what we made!"

Tallulah came closer to Taehyung and stretched out her arm with the flower crown. The two had been able to find some kind of white flowers to add in. Taehyung carefully took it out of her hand and thanked her. He turned his gaze back to Jeongguk who was curious to see the creation.

"You ladies worked very hard on that!" Jeongguk cheered, amazed.

Taehyung delicately placed it on top of Jeongguk's head, getting closer so that he'd get it just right. The two looked into each other's eyes and Taehyung pulled away his hands, some kind of unspoken message trying to relay through.