thirty-three: reminisce

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! HERE YOU GO!
There's a better AN at the end but I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer! Just wanna say that the next update could take just as long so to those who are still around (thank you so much I don't know what I did to deserve y'all and I really am sorry for the wait), you can choose to wait for the next update to read them together! Leaving that up to you!

—•

The three elves landed on their feet back in the palace once they jumped through that portal. Namjoon had somehow been there at that exact time, ready to bombard them with questions all about their trip. Taehyung didn't give away too much, he hadn't told Yoongi and Jimin what had went down either. He was able to avoid the questions when he told them he wanted to see Jeongguk first, which was true.

"Well before you do, I have something for you, your highness," Namjoon stopped him and pulled out a bottle of a clear liquid from his pocket that seemed to be able to carry and infinite amount of things. "We were finally able to get a hold of some elbama leaves. A much better potion," He handed the bottle over to Taehyung who accepted it carefully.

"Side effects free but I don't know if it'll work or to what extent it will erase the late king's spell," Namjoon explained and Taehyung's lips curved into a smile as he realized what it was. He opened the bottle and brought it to his lips.

"Oh, you're doing it right now," Jimin said, excited.

"Nothing to lose, right?" Taehyung said a received a nod from Namjoon. Taehyung nodded back and tipped the bottle over, not leaving a drop.

He smacked his lips a couple times. "I'm not really feeling anyth–"

A sudden wave of emotions went through Taehyung like electric shock. He wasn't getting the memories one by one like flashes of a dreams, they were just all back. He just knew, he just had them and the memories were there.

The memories of him being spoiled rotten by Namjoon and Jimin, sneaking around with Jeongguk, Uncle Taewon showing him cool little tricks, his mother's funeral, hiding behind his father as Taewon talked about how Taehyung will grow up to be just like him, the closed windows and endless days stuck in a room in fear of what used to be one of his favourite elves in the whole wide world and much more. They weren't all clear, he was so young after all, but Taehyung understood a little why his father decided to take away his memories. Taehyung didn't know if would've had the courage to stand up against his uncle after going through all of that.

He also knew he wasn't supposed to come back. Jimin was told to never reveal the truth to him until the King tells him so. He remembered how tightly his father had hugged him. Jaewon whispered into his ear, "I don't know if what I'm doing is right, I'm sorry Taehyung-ah. Be a good elf– a good boy now, okay? Your friend Jimin will help you. I love you, Taehyung," before he placed a hand over his head and took it all away.

"King Taehyung," all three of the elves were at his side with worried expression. Taehyung took in a breath and nodded, regaining his balance.

He wiped away the few tears that had slipped. A part of Taehyung wished he had gotten them back sooner. Among the the painful moments, there were also the happiest moments of his life. Especially A moment with Jeongguk he remembered as clear as day. Honestly, most of what he remembered included Jeongguk. The pouty boy filled a lot of mind.

"I need to go see Jeongguk," he said with a smile that spread to the other's out of relief.

"He's been moved to you two's chamber," Namjoon said and Taehyung quickly thanked him, for the information and the potion. He stopped in his tracks and turned back. He gave wrapped his arms around the elf and pulled him into a long overdue hug for the role he has played in the young prince's life. Namjoon was surprised at first but returned the embrace. When they pulled back, no words were needed to be said and Taehyung scurried off to see the ice elf.