four: a familiar lullaby

It was his third time doing this, surely he's ought to be used to it. Wrong. Taehyung stared down at the portal bitting his lip. After meeting Taehyung's parents for a final time and explaining them the whole situation, Taehyung spilled his tears and said his goodbyes. Even thought he wasn't too attached to them, these people were the ones who raised him up and showered him with much love and support. His mother thought of him as god's way of giving her a child when she couldn't have one, so it was the hardest on her. Taehyung promised them that he'd do whatever he could to bring them back home.

Now, back to the portal situation, Taehyung was terrified. It was the exact same situation with anything involving needles, no matter how many times he goes through, he'll always squirm and scream for the next.

"Here bubba, hold my hand," Jimin said softly, stretching out his arm. With a smile, Taehyung gripped onto it tightly. He then looked at Jeongguk who had his arms crossed, getting a little impatient at how long they were taking.

"What?" Jeongguk asked, raising a brow. "Would you like me to hold your hand too, your majesty?" Note the sarcasm.

"Well, it'd be nice."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "Can we go now?"

"Ready, Tae?" Jimin reconfirmed. After getting Taehyung's nod of approval, they all shared a look before jumping together as Jimin screamed, "Elvador!"

The force exerted by the portal was far to strong for Taehyung to be able to hold on to Jimin's hand, and slowly, it started to slip, then finally, lose contact. Taehyung swung his arms around, eyes shut tight, looking for anything to hold onto to feel just a little more safe. When he found Jimin again, he grasped his body tightly. It was a very familiar body, but Taehyung couldn't help but think about how small the waist was.

After what seemed like forever (actually twelve seconds), Taehyung felt his hair come to a pause from flying around. He opened his eyes slowly to be faced to a glaring Jeongguk.

"Hehe, hi there," Taehyung said with a dumb smile.

"How does this keep happening?" Jeongguk grumbled. Taehyung unwrapped his arms from the elf and they got up from the ground. Unlike the first time, they had landed where the portal opened, the palace. Jimin laughed at the two as he had landed on his feet.

His laughter suddenly stopped when he saw who opened the doors. Without another thought, the elf ran and attacked Namjoon in the biggest hug, to which he gladly returned.

"I missed you so much!" Jimin yelled.

"Likewise," Namjoon replied.

After releasing each other from the hug, the two began chatting away.

"You haven't changed a bit, big bro," Jimin started.

Namjoon laughed at their running immortality joke. "My oh my! Have you gotten a few years younger?"

"Yeah, I've been changing to suit the prince's age."

The older nodded. "That's nice. We can talk about this later. I'll introduce you to some special people. Prince Jin was very excited to see you again."

Taehyung and Jeongguk approached the brothers. Jimin smiles towards Taehyung and slung his arm around the boy.

"Let's go, Taehyung Kim!" he yelled.

"Kim?" Taehyung questioned as they walked.

Jimin nodded. "Your name. Taehyung Kim."

Taehyung nodded. The boys walked ahead as they discussed his powers, Taehyung throwing his arms around wild in hope of activating it. Jeongguk just couldn't wait for the actual training process.