seventeen: late night snack

Taehyung sniffed and wiped his eye as Namjoon finished. He glanced at the younger and became alarmed. He set his cup down and reached his hand out to Taehyung, placing it on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's alright now. It's been decades," Namjoon told him.

"I know but-but it's just so sad."

Namjoon smiled and took his arm back, linking his hands together and placing them on his lap. "It was. Now it's just... a distant memory."

"But you still love him," Taehyung said, clutching his tea cup tightly.

Namjoon looked down at his fingers, playing with them. "I always will. I know our love wouldn't die that easily."

"You can change him. Show him this wasn't the right choice and it's not too late to fix it. If you talk to him, he'll listen. He must want to be with you as much as you want to be with him. We wouldn't even need the shield," Taehyung began to say but Namjoon shook his head.

"He won't. He doesn't listen to anyone, he does what he pleases. When Taewon decides something he doesn't give up on it. If he did listen to me, he'd be here right now."

Taehyung sighed and put down his empty cup. He nodded, but he wasn't about to let this go. He bid Namjoon goodnight and immediately went down to the stable.

He found that the sensor spell didn't only work for the shield but also for the other sensors in the palace and his pendant kept him safe from the intruder sensors. He snuck out Mage and went to the shield as fast as he could and summoned his uncle.

"Nighttime visit, I see? Isn't it past your bedtime, troublemaker?" Zorock asked almost immediately arriving after Taehyung's first call.

"I'm just..." Taehyung thought, trying to make up an excuse. "Dying for the next lesson!"

"Of course you are. Our magic is really incredible no? It's no surprise you're curious. Alright, is there anything in particular you'd like to learn?"

Taehyung thought about it for a while before coming with the answer. "How do you make your shadow creatures?"

"Hm, nice try," Zorock said with a chuckle. Sure he was helping the enemy but he wasn't dumb enough to reveal all his secrets.

"Fine, I'm tired of magic today. How about some life advice?" Taehyung asked.

Zorock lifted a brow but didn't suspect much. They both lowered down the ground as such an altitude wasn't necessary.

"Life advice from your runaway uncle. Sure, go on."

Taehyung took in a deep breath. "I like this elf."

"Ah, love advice," he noted, his facial expression slightly shifting but Taehyung couldn't tell what that meant for him.

"And I told him that I liked him but he wouldn't take me seriously. He told me to prove to him that I could be a good King."

"Well you didn't give up there did you?" Zorock ask, creating a cloud table out of no where and leaning on it.

"No. I've been basically passive-aggressively flirting with him," Taehyung explained. He hesitated before speaking his next words. "Like you did with Namjoon." Taehyung waited for Zorock's face fall, and it did at the mention of his name.