nineteen: a future with you

"King Taehyung Kim. World Tour. Twenty-twenty. Let's get it," Jimin yelled at the entrance of the palace.

"Don't call it that," his brother told him, double checking if everyone and everything was there.

"Where should I put these?" Jeongguk came in asking holding bags of gifts for their visits.

"Over there, where Yoongi's loading some luggages," Namjoon answered.

Jeongguk nodded and went over to where Yoongi was putting some things into the spaceship-like vehicle while talking to Taehyung. As soon as Taehyung saw Jeongguk walked over to them, he seemed to have ended the conversation and walking to the other side of their vehicle. Jeongguk sighed. Taehyung has been avoiding like him the plague ever since the coronation ball.

"You alright?" Yoongi asked taking two of the bags off his hand and helping him put them in.

"Yeah, great," Jeongguk answered.

Everyone finished loading up and boarded into the ship. The guards and helpers elves were in a separate room while the rest were in somewhat of a living room kind of setting. The pegasi would be able to fly in a stable motion for them to not require to buckle up after take off. There were even rooms with beds but not enough for everyone.

"Okay, what's up with you and Jeon?" Jimin asked Taehyung. They were sitting in a little corner in the room where no one would be able to hear.

"No," Taehyung whined. "I don't wanna do this right now."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Fine, but I'll get it out of you."

Taehyung bit his lip and looked around the room when his eyes met with Jeongguk. The younger didn't try to look, he just kept staring. Taehyung moved his head around to avoid it but every time he glanced back, Jeongguk was still looking.

"I'm going to go use the restroom," Taehyung told Jimin and got up. He walked through the narrow corridor and into one of the stalls. Taehyung didn't actually have to go, he just felt a little intimidated by Jeongguk's hard stare. So he waited a few minutes before going out.

"We need to talk."

"Fuck!" Taehyung jumped being startled by the elf leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He calmed down his breath and looked at Jeongguk for a few seconds before turning and making his way out of the hallway but Jeongguk stopped him. He placed one leg on the other side of the wall, blocking his path.

"Didn't think you'd give up on me so fast. I mean, I did expect it, just came sooner than I thought," Jeongguk said.

Taehyung took in a deep breath. He knew there was no escaping this. "Don't remember giving up on anything."

"Oh really? So you haven't been giving me the cold-shoulder?"

"I have not," Taehyung quickly said defensively.

"You've been ignoring me for the past five days," Jeongguk said letting his leg drop and pushing himself off the wall.

"'No I haven't. I'm talking to you right now."

"Yeah, but only because you're trapped."

"No."

"Taehyung."

"Cause I'm embarrassed, okay?" Taehyung finally admitted. "It's a new feeling and I just need some time to figure it out and shake it off. So... So don't miss me too much."

"You've never been embarrassed before?" Jeongguk asked with an arched brow.

"No. I've never liked someone before," Taehyung confessed.