seven: first love

"Have you seen Jeongguk? I've tried ringing him but his wrist call is turned off," Taehyung asked as he entered the Leonava room. Yoongi and Hoseok, who were the only ones there, stopped what they were doing and bowed, a little surprised at the sudden entrance.

"No, haven't seen him since yesterday. Didn't even show up for dinner," Hoseok answered. "Would you like me to search for him, your majesty?"

"No, that's alright. You don't need to call me that, y'know. I'd prefer Taehyung," Taehyung said with a short smile. Hoseok nodded.

"He's probably in his room," Yoongi said. Taehyung thanked the elf and sprinted out. It took him a awhile as he was still getting used to the endless and identical corridors in the palace, but he somehow managed to end up at Jeongguk's door. There was a guard standing out, meaning the boy was surely inside.

The guard bowed as Taehyung came, who nodded back getting him back to his usual stance. Taehyung knocked on the door twice, and with the lack of response, he looked at the guard for help. The guard looked back, not knowing what he was supposed to do exactly. He had received order's from the young elf to not allow anyone in.

The guard cleared his throat and turned towards the door. "Sir Jeon, Prince Taehyung is here to see you," he spoke. "I will be letting him in."

After waiting for a moment to see if Jeongguk had any protests against it, the guard opened the door seeing that there was none. He made sure to face away from the inside as Taehyung entered, and closed the door immediately when the Prince was fully in.

Taehyung saw the figure hunched over in the bed slowly get up. With his back faced to him, Jeongguk sat up at the edge of the bed. He knew that that was incredibly disrespectful, but Jeongguk just did not feel like facing the older at the moment.

"Good after-noon, your highness. I cannot assist you with training today, I am not feeling too well. A helper should be waiting for you at the gym. My apologies," Jeongguk said, voice hoarse.

"I know, I sent him away," Taehyung informed. He walked closer to the elf, getting suspicious at his formal talk even though no one was around. Hearing the footsteps nearing, Jeongguk cleared his throat. "I suggest you stay away, you cannot catch my cold."

"Did you take medicine?" Taehyung asked, ignoring the other and walking up to him. Jeongguk's head hung low, his longish raven hair covering his eyes in its untamed hairdo. Not liking the silent answer, Taehyung knew the elf didn't take any.

Taehyung wanted to take a look at the elf properly, so he squatted down, peering up at the elf. His eyes widened as he saw the strained face of the younger, eyes shut close, bottom lip trapped under his teeth to stop the quiver.

"Hey," Taehyung spoke softly. He placed a hand on Jeongguk's that gripped the bedsheet so tightly, loosening at the touch. "What's wrong?"

Jeongguk's eyes fluttered open, meeting with the older's, and Taehyung was able to really see how red and puffy they had become. Jeongguk looked up to the ceiling, feeling all the tears he had been able to control in rush back. He hated this, hated someone saw how much a big baby he actually was, hated looking weak, hated having someone pity him. Pitied, he'd been pitied his entire life. It was enough.

Taehyung got up from the squat and took a seat on the bed, his hand not moving from the other's. "Jeongguk, please talk to me. You don't need to hold yourself back in front of me, you can cry, you know I won't judge. Speak to me, it's better to share your burdens. I won't force you, but I'll wait 'till you do. What's wrong?"

Jeongguk remained silent, little sniffles escaping through. He shook his head, retrieving his hand from Taehyung's hold harshly. "It's alright. I'm fine. I'm fine."