Babygirl

There was a chime of bells followed by a gust of wintry air as the door to Kim Ink opened and a leather clad figure stepped inside. 

"Morning Taehyung, you're early today." Namjoon greeted his friend yet didn't lift his eyes from the computer screen. 

"I couldn't sleep and was on my last cigarette." Taehyung grumbled as he pushed the snow covered hood of his jacket down, cerulean hair falling across dark brown eyes.

"You really need to kick that habit Tae, it's not good for you." Namjoon finally looked up from the computer with brow cocked and expression stern.

"Okay mom, anything else you want to berate me for?" Taehyung removed his jacket revealing a crumpled white shirt beneath, tendrils of ink across golden skin twisted and spiralled creating intricate yet beautiful floral designs.

"I'll let you know." Namjoon smirked, removing his glasses and rubbing at itchy tired eyes.

"You not sleeping?" Taehyung was tired and grumpy, not to mention he still needed his nicotine fix but that didn't mean he couldn't be concerned for his friend.

"Jess was craving chocolate cake at three this morning, there's no denying a pregnant woman."

"You went out at three in the morning to get Jess cake?" Taehyung approached the counter, forearms across black granite.    

"I couldn't find anywhere open so just made her chocolate cake instead." Namjoon yawned, arms stretching above his head.

"That's some serious devotion."

"Devotion or fear, you've never seen what happens when a pregnant woman doesn't get what she wants."

"I don't ever intend to find out." Taehyung winked, index finger pointing to the screen. "What's my first appointment?"

"Let me see." Namjoon adjusted his glasses and opened the relevant file. "Ten twenty with Jimin, he wants another rose design across his back."

Taehyung gave a nod as he pushed away from the counter and headed for his workstation, a rose design would be easy for him.

Park Jimin was a good friend of his from university, they stayed in touch even after Jimin moved to a different part of the city for work and even though it would be easier to find a local tattoo artist he still insisted to travel almost fifty minutes as Taehyung was the best at what he did.

"The rest of your day is looking pretty busy too, you've back to back appointments and some chick called earlier asking if you still did your own designs." 

Taehyung paused, pencil to paper, dark inquisitive eyes looking up through thick lashes.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her you didn't do big designs anymore, that you worked mostly on flowers and smaller tattoos." 

Taehyung nodded, eyes falling back to the rose petal he was shading.

It wasn't that Taehyung didn't want to work on big designs anymore, he just lacked inspiration and couldn't seem to finish anything he started.

"It'll come back to you Tae, just give it time." Namjoon spoke softly, the two had been friends for so long that he didn't even need Taehyung to tell him what was on his mind as he already knew. Taehyung was a very expressive person, just one look at his eyes and you could easily see what kind of mood he was in. 

"I guess, not holding out much hope though." The chair creaked as he leaned back, long legs stretched out in front of him and crossed at the ankles as he worked on the rose design for Jimin.

The two fell into a comfortable silence as Taehyung worked on the tattoo and Namjoon made a few calls to their suppliers, it was roughly twenty minutes later that the door opened and that familiar chime of bells filled Kim Ink.

"Morning." Taehyung was surprised to hear a female voice, he hadn't inked a woman since Amber and that was over three weeks ago.

"Morning, not seen your face around here before. I'm Namjoon, how can we help?"

"I was actually hoping to speak with Kim Taehyung." The voice was soft and gentle, pulling Taehyung out of his creative haze.

"What do you want with Taehyung?" Namjoon asked.

"I was hoping he could design me a tattoo."

Taehyung finally looked up.

"Looking for me babygirl?" His deep voice instantly grabbed her attention, she spun to face him and his eyes widened.

She was fucking beautiful.