48.

Taehyung wouldn't know what to do if art in some way, shape or form wasn't a part of his life.

It was his joy, not something that could be measured or judged. It helped him navigate his way out from the darkness toward happiness and light.

It was his outlet, the place he came to cast the pain of his grief across canvas.

True art is channelled through the heart, guided by emotions that stir the soul and set imagination free. It isn't something that can be taught, it's something that needs to be felt.

"Have you ever felt an emotion so intense it feels like you're just free falling?" Taehyung speaks up, paintbrush hovering in the air as he debates where the next stroke should be placed.

Jimin is sitting at the window opposite, legs stretched out across a fluffy throw as he sips on his bourbon chaser.

"I guess, why do you ask?"

Taehyung's eyes follow the gentle swirls of cyan, his brush adding harsh lines of vermilion.

"I was happy at first, when Y/N first told me she was pregnant." He tilts his head, watches as the colours merge.

"It happened so fast, we didn't even plan for this."

Jimin understands, would feel the same if he was in Taehyung's position.

"You're not ready?" He asks, lifting his glass and watching as the amber liquid kisses the rim.

"Yes and no." Taehyung adds cotton white to his palette, picks up a fan brush and blends the swirls and harsh lines....creates a soft lilac.

Too soft.

He can't focus on the piece so decides to take a break, joins Jimin with his own glass.

"More scared." He confesses.

"Scared of what?" Jimin rests the glass against his thigh, curious eyes following Taehyung's movements.

"It's been the two of us since the beginning, we barely held on at times and now it won't just be the two of us."

"You think having a baby will change things between you?"

Taehyung nods, fingertips tapping anxiously along the glass.

"What if our dynamic changes? If we grow distant because we can't always focus solely on each other? I don't want that, I don't want to end up resenting her or what we have."

Taehyung wanted to talk with Y/N about this but part of him was afraid.

What if she got upset over his doubts?

What if this pushed their progress back?

Would he even be a good father?

Taehyung sighs, head thumping gently against the window as he looks out across the Seoul skyline.

"I think it's perfectly natural to worry and have doubts, you're not the only man out there who would totally freak out over something like this Tae." Jimin smiles, fingers curling around Taehyung's knee and squeezing gently.

"I know it was fast and unexpected but sometimes it's the unexpected that can make us the happiest. I'm honestly jealous Tae, of what you have."

Taehyung's head snaps up at this, brow cocked in surprise at Jimin's revelation.

"You fell fast, allowed yourself to keep going....trusted in what you have with Y/N. I believe that for some people love happens like this, just sweeps you away when you least expect it but then for other people it's steady and only happens when they're not trying so hard to find it." Jimin chuckles, eyes on the twinkling lights of the city below them. "There's even people who don't find love in a romantic sense but they still find it with family and friends in a platonic one, that's certainly nothing to feel sad over or be ashamed of."