41.

Taehyung steps inside the 7 eleven and heads for the snack aisle, eyes slowly moving over the selection on offer.

Why was picking a snack for your girlfriend so daunting.

He could go for the strawberry double dip pepero or maybe she would like the strawberry choco pie.

Taehyung picked up both snacks, brow furrowed. Maybe he should just get them both, or was that too much?

It was the sudden vibration against his thigh which drew Taehyung out of his strawberry snack dilemma, he placed both items back on the shelf and reached inside his pocket to retrieve his phone.

Why was Jimin calling him?

"Everything okay Chim?" Taehyung answered, eyes back on the snacks.

"Of course everything is okay, does something have to be wrong for me to call my best friend?"

Taehyung smirks. "What do you want?"

"Rude much, was just checking up on you. I know that you're taking Y/N to meet your parents today, it's a pretty big deal for you especially as you haven't been back there since Jin....well you know."

Taehyung knows, of course he knows.

"I can't say that I'm looking forward to it, there's been a few times on the drive over here that I almost turned back but I can't Chim."

"Have you talked to Y/N about how you're feeling?"

"She knows the situation, she's aware that it's the first time I've visited home since Jin died and as always she's been nothing but supportive. I just can't fail her now, she's come so far and I'm so proud of her and now it's my turn to do something that scares me. I can't let her down Chim, I need to do this."

"I know you don't want to let her down but you also need to be honest with her, I don't know Y/N like you do but from the time that I have spent with her something tells me she would be pretty upset if you didn't tell her what was going on. It's okay to be scared, it's okay to want to turn back if you're not ready to face it yet. Why don't you speak with your parents, ask them to meet you guys somewhere for dinner instead? That way they still get to meet Y/N and you don't have to go back home, especially if you're not ready."

Taehyung doesn't want that, turning back now will only slow down his recovery.

He understands and appreciates Jimin's concerns, he also knows Y/N will support him and go along with whatever he ultimately decides but he can't keep turning back.

Y/N was terrified the day of getting her tattoo, even went as far as locking herself away in the bathroom and needing Jungkook's trusty tin to calm her down enough to reappear again.

If Y/N can go through all that, so can he.

He doesn't have Jungkook's trusty tin or a bathroom currently to hide himself away in but maybe Jimin is right, maybe he just needs to tell his girlfriend how much he's actually struggling with this.

"I'm not going to turn back Chim, not now but I promise I'll speak to Y/N about how I'm feeling."

There's a sigh on the other end. "I just worry about you, just don't push yourself okay?"