34.

"I should go." Kiko was the first to break the awkward silence, Taehyung watching through narrowed eyes as she gathered her things.

"Ki, you sure that's the best decision right now? I don't want you to be alone after what we just discussed, I can explain things to Tae."

"Who is standing right here still waiting for his question to be answered." Taehyung snapped, frustration building.

Y/N sighed, attention now on her boyfriend who still hadn't moved from the doorway, flowers shaking from how tightly his grip snaked around the stems.

"Tae baby please, just give me a minute and I'll explain everything

Taehyung opened his mouth to argue back but thought better of it, now wasn't the time for jumping to conclusions so he reluctantly shifted back.

"I'll wait in your bedroom, you might want to put these in some water." He added, dropping the bouquet on the kitchen counter before retreating down the hallway.

Y/N eyed the daisies, heart heavy as she waited for the click of her bedroom door.

"I can talk with him, you can stay....you don't have to leave."

Kiko slipped her jacket on, eyes moving from the space Taehyung had once occupied to Y/N.

"To be perfectly honest.... I just need some space."

"Are you saying that because it's genuinely what you want or are you saying that because of Taehyung?"

"It's genuinely what I want, trust me on that okay?" Kiko smiled, bag now slung over one shoulder as she started to make her way out.

"I'm going to see you again right? You're not going to disappear on me?" Y/N gnawed anxiously on her bottom lip, brow furrowed.

Kiko was her best friend, she couldn't imagine not having her around.

She didn't want to lose her.

"Y/N you know me, you know that's not something I would do. I just confessed something pretty fucking huge to you and now I just need time to heal a little, move on....you know?"

Y/N wanted to ask how long that healing would take but it seemed like an incredibly insensitive thing to ask at this point, especially considering the circumstances.

"I'm here, whenever you're ready to talk with me." She pulled Kiko in for a hug, lips pressing a chaste kiss to the crown of her head.

"I know, don't worry." Kiko tensed at first before pulling back, pausing as she stepped out the door.

"Tell Taehyung I'm really sorry, hopefully he can forgive me."

"I will." Y/N gave a little wave, watching as her friend headed down the stairs.

"Holy shit." Y/N breathed out, forehead coming to rest against the wood as she closed the door.

This wasn't how tonight was supposed to go.

She wanted to talk with Ki about Tae, about the tattoo.

Now she had a heartbroken best friend and a furious boyfriend.

"Tae, you can come out now." Y/N called out as she shuffled back to the kitchen.

There was silence at first, Tae most likely composing himself before coming out to discuss what happened.

Y/N appreciated the brief reprieve, it gave her chance to gather her own thoughts as she searched the kitchen for a vase.

A few minutes later, as she was snipping the stems of her daisies and arranging them in a decent enough lilac vase she found at the back of one of her cupboards the door to her bedroom opened and bare feet shuffled through to the kitchen.