11.

Namjoon rolled his eyes as Taehyung came downstairs wearing yet another outfit, this was the sixth one since he arrived.

"Taehyung when you asked me to come over for some advice, I thought maybe it was something to do with the business. I like all the outfits you've tried on for me so far, just pick one of them so I can go home."

Taehyung furrowed his brow, this wasn't just any date so his outfit had to be perfect.

Y/N deserved nothing but the best.

"I'm so nervous, why do you think that is? I've been on a fair amount of dates before, never felt so on edge." He approached the mirror adjacent to the staircase and fixed a few wayward strands of his now ash coloured hair.

"Do you think she'll like the new hair colour? Or did I go a little overboard with trying to impress her?"

Namjoon watched his friend fondly, chuckling at Taehyung's serious expression.

"The outfit you're wearing now is perfect, she'll love it. I don't know why you're worrying so much, it's obvious Y/N is besotted with you. The hair colour is fine too, it suits you and I'm sure she'll agree with me."

Taehyung took one final look at his outfit, was he dressed a little too casual for a first date?

Was this enough?

He was sporting a white v-neck jumper and simple pair of black slacks which hugged his slender yet toned physique perfectly, the assemble was finished off with black dress shoes and accessorised with a single silver chain in the lobe of his left ear.

"Taehyung you look great, stop procrastinating and go pick your girl up otherwise you'll be late."

Taehyung hadn't even checked the time since he started getting ready, he was too focused on making sure he looked the part.

"Shit, what time is it?" He hurried around the apartment, sighing in relief when he located his phone and checked the time.

"It's only six, still have twenty minutes."

Namjoon left the comfort of the armchair to help his friend loosen up a little, some Dutch courage never did anyone any harm.

"Just sit down Tae, you've got a few minutes to get your thoughts together and stop worrying so much." Namjoon approached the kitchen, he spent practically half his time at Taehyung's place so knew exactly where his friend kept the best bourbon.

"I shouldn't drink Joon, I don't want her to smell it on my breath." Taehyung hesitated a little, the idea of a little drink to calm his nerves seemed like a good idea but if Y/N smelt it on him she would think he needed alcohol just to spend time alone with her and that would probably knock her confidence a little.

That's the last thing he wanted.

"Taehyung you're overthinking, stop overthinking so much and sit down." Namjoon motioned to the barstool with a wave of his hand and Taehyung did as he was told, maybe Namjoon was right.

"You're worrying so much because you really like this girl and want it to work out between the two of you, it wasn't so long ago that I was in your position so I know exactly what it feels like."

Namjoon grabbed two glasses, poured them both a shot of bourbon and then handed Taehyung his.

"It's just a shot Taehyung, you can have a mint after and she won't even be able to tell the difference."

Taehyung wrapped his long fingers around the glass, the dark liquid appealed greatly to him but he was still conflicted.

Was it a good idea?

Namjoon was right, he was nervous for those reasons. Y/N wasn't like the other women he had previously dated, she was different and that scared him because what if things didn't work out?

What if he lost her?

Taehyung's own insecurities after the death of his brother were coming into play and Namjoon could immediately sense it.

"One drink won't hurt Taehyung, just take a deep breath and relax. Y/N isn't going anywhere, you see how she looks at you right?"

Taehyung smiled as Y/N's face appeared in his mind, her adorable smile and ridiculous laugh which for some reason he found sexy.

"Yeah, I see the way she looks at me. She's such a dork but she's my dork, I never expected to feel this way about anyone Joon. It's completely blindsided me, I never imagined it would happen for me at this stage in my life."

Namjoon smiled before taking a sip of his bourbon, mulling over Taehyung's words before responding.

"Nobody ever does expect it Tae, it's not something you can plan. It's just one of those things that happens and you have to just go along for the ride and see where it takes you."

Taehyung knew Namjoon was right, he just needed to calm down and enjoy tonight and maybe a shot of bourbon wasn't the worst thing in the world to partake in so long as it settled his nerves.

"I just want tonight to go well, spent the afternoon planning everything."

Namjoon cocked a brow, interest peaked.

"What have you got planned for this first date then?"

Taehyung swirled the contents of his glass around, watching the dark liquid hit the rim before settling.

"There's this really cool artist holding an exhibition tonight, taking her there first and then after we've got a table booked at this new sushi bar that just opened up."

"What's the exhibition?" Namjoon queried, noticing the way Taehyung's eyes widened in excitement.

"It's really quirky, the artist  basically has all these umbrellas set up in this huge warehouse, he's asking for couples to stand under each umbrella and once each one has a couple he's got a sprinkler contraption which will act as the rain and then he's going to paint what he sees. I thought it would be a pretty cool way to capture our first date together, something she can take home and always remember regardless of what happens to us."

Namjoon couldn't help but smile, as far as date ideas go.....that was pretty damn impressive.

"Shit, I better go." Taehyung muttered, abandoning his drink on the counter as he rushed around grabbing his car keys and jacket.

"Don't you want to finish this before you go?" Namjoon motioned to the drink which lay untouched on the counter.

"No, I don't need it." Taehyung smiled as he pulled open the door.

"Use the spare keys to lock up when you're done." Taehyung added before closing the door and heading for the elevator.

He didn't need Dutch courage.

Just needed his siren.