25.

Y/N couldn't see for tears, she was furious with herself for getting so upset because she was supposed to be getting better and she didn't want to be that girl.

The type that ran away when things got too tough, the type who allowed her emotions to get the better of her.

She wanted to be strong.

She wanted to stand her ground.

Why did this have to happen? She was so happy, things were finally starting to improve but then everything came crashing down around her.....now she was in freefall.

"Y/N! Y/N please stop! Wait!"

The concerned voice, somewhat familiar called out to her but she couldn't stop.

She didn't feel safe here.

She wanted to go home.

How did she end up back at square one? This was the kind of shit she used to do after the accident, before meeting Taehyung.

She should've known this wouldn't last, that eventually she would do something to fuck it up.

"Y/N!" There was that voice again yet she didn't stop, pushing herself towards home....towards safety and everything she's used to.

There was a strong grip on her forearm seconds later, fingers curling around her wrist and suddenly she was spun around.

"Stop running, just let it out okay."

It was Jungkook....Jungkook who had chased after her and she did exactly what he advised.

She let it out.

All the pain.

All the doubts and insecurities.

Jungkook didn't say a word, just wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed against his shirt.

Why didn't Taehyung come after her?

Wasn't she worth it?

Didn't he feel guilty?

Was he so willing to let her go?

This only caused the lump in her throat to constrict, heart aching.

~

"How far is your place from here?" Jungkook finally spoke once her sobs subsided.

"Ten minute drive, maybe twenty minute walk." Her voice trembled and Jungkook felt his heart ache.

"Hey." He whispered, voice as gentle as he could make it as he pulled back. "Take a breath okay? Breathe in slowly through your nose, out through your mouth."

Y/N's eyes were swollen, tears still escaping and Jungkook was so fucking sad.

She didn't deserve this.

The two just met but from what he already knew about her she seemed to be such a genuinely sweet person, she didn't deserve to be treated like that.

Jungkook loved Taehyung with his entire heart, the older male was like a brother to him but he couldn't condone his actions this time.

"I can't drive because I've had one too many bottles of Soju but we can walk okay?" He smiled, thumbs wiping away her tears as she gave a nod.

"You don't have to come with me Jungkook, Taehyung is upset too and he's your friend."