40.

"I'm guessing you're surprised then?" Li chuckled as she led Y/N to the bar.

"Surprised is an understatement." Y/N responded with a smile, eyes fond as she spotted Taehyung across the room deep in conversation with Luo-Yong.

"I hope you don't mind that I stole you away from Taehyung."

"Of course not, the moment Luo-Yong entered the room he seemed pretty excited to talk some more with him and I didn't want to get in the way of that."

"I think the success of tonight should be celebrated, we should toast to it." Li thanked the bartender as he filled two flutes with champagne, adding some fresh raspberries before sliding both across the counter.

Y/N couldn't help but smile, they really did think of everything.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Li cocked a brow inquisitively.

"Fresh raspberries." Y/N chuckled as she swirled them around in her glass.

"The first time I went to Taehyung's place he poured us some champagne and added fresh raspberries to it, said that it made the drink sweeter. You guys really did think of everything for this exhibition, I'm impressed."

"This entire exhibition is Luo's idea, his talent. It's also thanks to you and Taehyung that we could make this happen, you allowed us to be a part of your incredible story and without it this exhibition wouldn't be possible."

"Well it wasn't really me, it was all Taehyung. I had no clue any of this was going to happen, I'm still reeling from it to be honest. I was aware that Tae still talked with Luo regularly but thought it was just a blossoming friendship. I know the two have a passion for art, Tae has always been a social butterfly so it made sense the two stayed in touch. I can't believe our story created all this, an entire exhibition and it's so incredibly beautiful too."

Li smiled, endeared by Y/N's reaction.

"I can already see such a huge change in you."

"Really?" Y/N turned to face the older woman.

"The first time we met you were broken, lost. Now look at you." Li gestured at the woman who stood before her, no longer as fragile as she once was.

"The tattoo is on your back Y/N, that should tell you all you need to know about how far you've come. You've accepted your scars as part of you, something which makes you strong and not weak. I know Taehyung helped you but it wasn't just him, it was you too and the few friends and family members who helped along the way. Luo-Yong has another exhibition in six months, we hope to see you and Taehyung there."

"That's if we're still together after I visit his family for the first time." Y/N chuckled, taking a sip of her champagne to calm the nerves bubbling up inside of her.

"I heard Taehyung mention that to Luo-Yong before I stole you away from him."

Y/N gave a nod, eyes on Taehyung as she noticed him approaching the two.

"Yeah, we're having dinner with them tonight and then staying over. It's the first time I'm going to be meeting them, also the first time Taehyung has been home since his brother passed away. I just want to make a good first impression and more importantly.....just want Taehyung to feel comfortable in his own home again."

Li gave a nod, totally understanding Y/N's concerns.

"It'll be difficult for Taehyung to be back home after so long but he's got you with him, if this exhibition proves anything....it's that the two of you can accomplish anything you set your minds too as long as you have each other. Just relax, be yourself and I'm sure his family will love you and as for Taehyung....be patient with him. It'll work out dear, just have faith."

"What are you two talking about?" Taehyung smiled as he reached the two women.

"Nothing you need to worry about, all good things. If you'll excuse me, I'll go and see if Luo needs anything." Li gave them a smile before heading back across the crowded room in search of Luo.

"You ready to head out baby? I got a message from my dad asking when we're going to be arriving, something about my mum going crazy with the baking."

Y/N chuckled, giving a nod.

"Yeah, I'm ready. So what were you talking to Luo-Yong about?" 

"Ah, just thanking him for giving me the opportunity to be a part of something like this. I was so nervous when we first got here, didn't know if you would like it or not."

Taehyung offered his arm, escorting Y/N back to the entrance where they collected their things.

"Why wouldn't I like it?" She questioned, smiling fondly as Taehyung knelt down to help with her shoes.

"It's our story, it has intimate moments and I didn't know if you would be happy with me sharing those with so many other people."

Y/N gave a nod, the two waving over at Luo and Li before heading back through the doors and down the steps to Taehyung's car.

"I can understand why you would be nervous but honestly it's fine Tae, I would tell you if I wasn't happy. It was perfect, you're perfect."

Tae smiled, placing a gentle kiss on her lips before opening the passenger door.

"Not as perfect as you." He cocked a brow playfully as Y/N got settled.

"So, you ready to meet my family?"  Taehyung asked as he finally got behind the wheel, eyes on the road as he pulled away from the curb.

"I won't lie...I'm extremely nervous but so long as we have each other we can do this right?" Y/N reached across to rest her hand on Taehyung's thigh, gently giving it a squeeze.

"That we can Tink, that we can."

He hoped they could.

He hoped he would still keep his promise to Jin too.

((I'm on a roll! Everyone ready to meet Taehyung's family? Will it go well? Will he keep his promise? I hope you guys enjoyed! Please hit that star button if you did and leave your thoughts because I honestly love reading them so much! Love you guys! So many more updates to come for Siren and all my other books over the next few days! 💜💜 it feels good to be off for a week, can finally focus on writing))