49.

Jungkook is exhausted, work completely taking it out of him as he reaches his apartment building.

"Curse you stairs!" He yells at the bottom, head dropping back and fuck it....there's even tears of exasperation in his doe eyes as his muscles prepare themselves for the heavy slog.

Stupid damn elevator deciding to not work on the one day he really could fucking use it.

"What on earth is all the shouting about?"

Crap.

Jungkook doesn't need this right now, the stairs are bad enough but he really doesn't need Mrs Gwan from 1B making it worse.

"Mrs Gwan, you look lovely."

She really doesn't.

"Sorry for the noise, will make sure to keep it down."

Mrs Gwan grumbles, tiny little face resembling a grumpy prune which Jungkook tells himself not to think too much about because if he does then he'll only start laughing.

"Keep it down, some of us need our beauty sleep."

"Of course Mrs Gwan, enjoy sleeping for eternity then because that's how long it'll take you to catch up on all that beauty sleep." He mutters the last part under his breath, the old woman spinning around.

"What was that?"

"I said you don't need beauty sleep Mrs Gwan."

She really does.

Like a fuck load.

Miserable prune.

The older woman grimaces before closing the door to her apartment and Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"I need to find a new place to live, one where there's a cute little old lady and working elevators."

Four flights of stairs later and Jungkook reaches his floor, thighs burning as he fumbles through his keys to find the right one.

He can't wait to kick off his boots, grab a beer and order pizza.

Then maybe he'll play Overwatch, bring out his trusty tin.

"Guk!"

Jungkook's head snaps up, eyes landing on red puffy ones.

"Tae, what are you doing here? Why are you crying?"

"I did something stupid Guk, something really fucking stupid and Jimin wasn't answering my calls so you're my next choice."

"Harsh, cheers for that." The younger man teases, brow furrowed as he approaches a distraught Taehyung.

"I'll get the door open, grabs us a beer and then you can tell me what happened okay?"

Taehyung nods, fingers nervously toying with the hem of his red silk shirt as Jungkook opens the door to his apartment and the two step through.

"Okay, so why don't you start from the beginning?" The younger asks, toeing off his boots and tossing the keys down on a cluttered coffee table as he walks through to the kitchen.

"I didn't want her to know what was going on so yelled, then stormed out of the apartment because I was ashamed." Taehyung dropped down dramatically on the stool by the counter, forehead hitting the marble surface with a thump.

"Tae you're still speaking in riddles right now so please simplify."

"I think this will simplify things enough for you." Tae reached inside the pocket of his slacks and pulled out a small black box, toying with it for a second before placing it on the counter.