43.

The moment Taehyung left her alone in the guest bathroom she wanted to go after him, he was clearly overwhelmed and struggling to control his emotions but would her interference at this point only prove to be counterproductive?

Surely Taehyung would ask for her support if and when he needed it.

Stepping foot in his family home for the first time since Jin's death was no mean feat, this was going to take time and plenty of patience.

She would be there for Taehyung when he was ready to open up again.

Until then she would give him space to start the healing process.

It truly broke her heart to watch him leave yet it was necessary, maybe the walk outside to the garage would give him chance to gather his thoughts as the shower was a perfect opportunity for Y/N to gather her own.

She didn't stay in for too long as it felt rude to keep his family waiting and so after a quick wash she headed back to their room, picking out a new outfit and blow drying her hair.

It was roughly an hour since Taehyung had left to get their things, maybe he got distracted talking with his parents or maybe he just needed time alone before dinner?

Y/N tried not to worry, she didn't want to suffocate Taehyung by constantly chasing after him and asking if he was okay but that didn't mean she wasn't concerned.

Her thumb hovered over the screen of her phone, Jungkook's earlier message asking how everything was going left on read as she set it down on the bedside table.

Maybe she should head downstairs, even if Taehyung wasn't there she could at least offer Mrs Kim some help with dinner.

Happy with her decision she headed for the hallway, trying her utmost to remember the way back downstairs.

This house was huge, she was positive this was the way Taehyung had taken her earlier.

Three turns and a separate hallway later and Y/N was embarrassed to admit she was lost, there wasn't even any talking or movement from downstairs that she could follow to lead her back.

She could shout, call out for Taehyung.

It was during her panicked internal monologue that she noticed movement at the end of the hallway, someone tall and broad rounding the corner and disappearing before she could get a better look at who it was.

"Tae? Mr Kim?" Y/N called out, rushing after them.

Surely they hadn't gone too far.

The moment she turned the corner she was met with yet another empty hallway, no Taehyung or Mr Kim in sight.

There was definitely someone here, surely she hadn't imagined it.

There was a staircase to her right leading up to the next level and a door at the far end.

Maybe they went inside the room, wouldn't hurt to find out.

"Tae?" Y/N called out again, steps slow and hesitant as she neared the door.

The house was undoubtedly beautiful but lost and alone it went from beautiful to downright terrifying, especially when she was seeing things that disappeared moments later.

Everything would be fine, surely Tae or Mr Kim would be in the room and she would feel ridiculous for panicking like this.

Her fingers wrapped around the handle, heart racing as she pushed down.

"Y/N?"

Holy fucking shit.

Y/N spun around, eyes wide.

"Mrs Kim, you scared me."

"Whatever are you doing in this part of the house dear?" The older woman chuckled, eyes glancing over Y/N's shoulder to the door she was just about to open.

"I know this sounds ridiculous but I got lost, I promsie I wasn't snooping. I was waiting for Tae but he's distracted with something else I guess so I decided to come down and offer you my help with preparing dinner but this house is huge and yeah....I got lost." Y/N stopped her embarrassed ramblings and smiled.

"I didn't think you were snooping dear, just came to see if you wanted to join me in the kitchen for a spot of tea as Taehyung talks with his father outside."

Y/N breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that Mrs Kim was so understanding.

But wait.

"You said that Tae is outside with Mr Kim?"

"That's right dear, they've been having a little heart to heart which in my opinion was much needed. That's why I came to see if you wanted to join me, didn't want you sitting in the room alone. Why don't you come with me, help me make some tea?"

"Yeah, that sounds great." Y/N approached Mrs Kim, heart still pounding against her chest.

"It feels strange coming to this part of the house." The older woman furrows her brow, taking one last look at the door behind Y/N before heading back down the hallway.

"Oh, how come?"

"This was Jin's part of the house, the door you were standing outside was his bedroom dear."

Y/N stills, eyes widening as a shiver runs up her spine.

What?

((This chapter was a surprise I've been working on, I didn't mention anything to anyone about my direction with this and I hope you guys enjoy it. There's going to be two more chapters that focus on their visit to Taehyung's house. The next one will be the dinner and some angst....also Y/N will visit Jin's room 👀 the last will be a little lighter and have tons of romance and fluff as you guys deserve. Hit that star button if you enjoyed and leave your thoughts, what do you think happened? What are you hoping for in the next chapter? Love you guys, as always thanks for the support.))