35.

The rose scented bath shared with Taehyung after Kiko's departure had somewhat helped Y/N to relax but the confession was still very much on her mind.

"Do you think I should call or at least message Ki tomorrow? Let her know that I'm here if she needs to talk?" Y/N had questioned as Taehyung gently ran his fingers through her wet hair, slowly massaging the coconut scented shampoo across her scalp.

"Baby she asked you to give her some space right? That she needed time to process everything so maybe hold off on contacting her....at least for now. I'm sure that when she's ready, when she's had time to think things through she will contact you herself." Taehyung soothed, gently guiding her back to rinse out the shampoo.

She knew Taehyung was right, that Ki had asked for space but she was worried about her friend.

Yes the confession had been totally unexpected and she was still trying to wrap her head around everything that had been said but Kiko was like family to her and she hoped they could figure this out....that Kiko was going to be okay.

"I know how much she means to you." Taehyung had said later that night, fingers slowly moving up and down her arms as the two lay in bed together. "I know you've been friends for a long time, that she helped you after the accident and stayed with you through recovery. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, it must be difficult."

Y/N settled herself back against Taehyung's chest, eyes closing as she allowed herself to be pampered.

It was true, Kiko was the one constant in her life and now she was going to be separated from that....it was a scary prospect and one she didn't really like to think too much about.

"I never noticed how she felt, all this time....all the years we've been friends and I never picked up on anything. I just feel so guilty, especially as all I've been doing lately is talking about you."

"People can bury things deep down, especially if it's something that scares them or that they're too afraid to face. I'm guessing Kiko just hid how she felt extremely well but everyone has a breaking point and maybe seeing you with me....seeing our relationship grow was the push she needed to finally tell you how she felt."

Taehyung was right, it was all too easy at times to hide how you truly feel.....she did so herself for weeks after the accident.

Trying to convince herself and others that she was okay, refusing to speak about the recurring nightmares and crippling depression.

Yet like Taehyung said, there was always a breaking point. For Kiko it was seeing her relationship with Taehyung blossom, for Y/N it was seeing how much her loved ones were suffering as she slowly allowed herself to waste away and become a shell of the person she used to be.