27.

Taehyung never replied to her message but that didn't stop Y/N from trying, she sent them often.

To Taehyung

I still care and will wait however long you need me to.

To Taehyung

I hope you're okay.

To Taehyung

💜

To Taehyung

I miss you.

The messages continued like this for two weeks, not once did Taehyung reply.

~

The first three days she didn't leave the apartment, allowing herself time to come to terms with what happened.

"Was it my fault?" She asked Kiko on the fourth day.

"No Y/N, you didn't do anything wrong. I don't want you blaming yourself for this, please don't okay?" Kiko cocked a brow, eyes filled with concern as she reached across the table for Y/N's hand.

Kiko tried calling multiple times during the first few days since Y/N had told her what happened at Taehyung's apartment but when most calls went unanswered she started to worry, deciding to visit her friend after she finished work that evening.

"I knew about Jin and how Tae lost him, knew that he still hadn't properly grieved for his brother. Taehyung's biggest fear is losing the people he cares about and I shouldn't have been so careless, he freaked out and I can't be mad at him for that."

Kiko shook her head, thumbs rubbing gentle circles over Y/N's knuckles. "I understand he's got issues but that doesn't justify his actions, he shouldn't have spoken to you like that and he definitely shouldn't have ignored your messages after."

"He just needs time, he's not himself."

"What about you?! You've got issues of your own that you're still working through, he knows that and yet he used them against you."

"He didn't mean to do that, he wasn't thinking straight. If you knew him like I do then you would understand, he didn't mean it."

"He hasn't called or messaged you in four days Y/N, no matter what he's going through that's not acceptable in my book." Kiko scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Y/N knew there was no convincing her otherwise and so for the rest of the evening the two watched the new episodes of Witcher and drooled over Henry Cavill, it helped to distract her from thoughts of Taehyung even if it was only a brief reprieve.

The second week it was Jungkook who kept her company as Kiko was abroad visiting family.

"How is he?" She asked one night as the two of them cleaned up their takeaway containers.

Jungkook furrowed his brow, hesitant to answer.

"I just want to know Jungkook please."

"He's done what he did before, he's  working constantly and avoiding everything else but I can tell he's deeply troubled by what happened and he definitely misses you even though he's stupid enough to avoid you."

"Is Jimin still staying at his place?" Y/N questioned, taking the plates over to the sink as Jungkook wiped down the table.

"Yeah, he took vacation days but Taehyung keeps telling him to leave which of course Jimin ignores. Namjoon stops by when he can, keeps an eye on Taehyung for us when he's at work. Yoongi couldn't take time away from his current project so he left, Hoseok went with him because he couldn't deal with the tension. I pretty much keep to myself, haven't really spoken much to Tae after walking you home. I told him that he needed to focus on what matters, stop living in the past but he just ignored me and has done ever since. I tried, I honestly did."

Y/N gave a nod, deeply saddened to know Taehyung was back at square one. He was finally starting to open up, address his demons and now everything was ruined.

"It's my fault Jungkook."

"It isn't your fault Y/N."

"I didn't think me getting a cold and not seeing a doctor would bother him to this extent."

"I don't think it was just that to be honest." Jungkook sighed, back leaning against the counter as Y/N finished the last few dishes.

"What do you mean?"

"Jin's illness all started with a simple cold, he kept putting off going to see a doctor saying he would get better eventually but the symptoms persisted and started to get worse so eventually he went and they ran a few tests. It was shortly after that he discovered it wasn't just a cold, it was something far worse. I think you getting sick triggered that memory for Tae and set him off. It doesn't excuse his actions, certainly doesn't excuse him from ignoring you since but he's scared I think....sacred of letting Jin go and letting you in."

Y/N's heart dropped, eyes widening a fraction as she spun around.

"Tae told me about Jin, his illness and the months after but he never once told me that. I understand now, yes it still doesn't justify the way he's treated me but I can see why he reacted that way." Y/N shook her head, exhaling heavily. "He won't reply to my messages, won't answer my calls so what do I do Jungkook?"

"I've known Tae for years but couldn't get through to him, you've known him for a few months and got him to open up in ways we never thought he would again. You know him Y/N, what would get him to open up again?"

Y/N pondered the question, after everything Taehyung had been through what would get him to open himself up again? What could she do?

Then it hit her.

"My family and friends tried so hard to help me recover after the accident but it was Tae who finally got me to do exactly what they couldn't. I took him cupcakes once, to thank him for everything and it was that day which changed things for me.....that's when I knew."

Jungkook cocked a brow inquisitively, arms folded across his chest. "Knew what?"

"That as long as we had each other everything was going to be okay."

She just needed to remind him of that.

All she needed was some cupcakes and a Tinkerbell Jumper.

Time to face her fears.

Time to get her man.

((Finally another chapter for you guys, so do we think Tae will take her back? How do we think Tae is coping? What do we think of Y/N's new friendship with Jungkook? What idea does Y/N have and will it work? Let me know your thoughts and hit that star button if you enjoyed. Love you guys and for those of you wondering about my other books please don't worry, updates for them are coming soon. 💜💜))