Shopping

I woke up, unsure of what the time was. I didn't have a clock and my phone was still on the couch, so I'd have to go downstairs to find out. That's exactly what I did.

When I went downstairs I found Harry in the kitchen. I sat down on one of the bar stools as Harry continued to make his coffee. I grabbed my phone from the couch and started to scroll through Twitter and Instagram.

"Good morning, love. How'd you sleep?" Harry asks me when he turns around and notices me.

"Very well. Thanks," I say looking up from my phone.

Harry nods and asks "What would you like for breakfast, El. I got cereal, bagels, and fruit."

"Hmm, can I have a bagel with honey on it?" I ask.

"Of course," he said and put a bagel in the toaster and sat down with me. "So what do you say we go shopping today. Get you some new clothes and school supplies," Harry says while sipping his coffee.

"Ok. Thank you for doing that. Thank you for everything , actually. I was very lucky to be adopted by you," I confess to Harry.

He smiles and gets up to finish my bagel. "You're welcome, love. I love having you here. After you eat your bagel we'll get changed and head out, okay?" Harry says while sitting back down next to me. He gives me my bagel and I nod, with my mouth full.

"I guess I'll go over the rules now," Harry starts. "Since I never got to go over them yesterday."

"Ok," I say, again with my mouth full.

Harry laughs at my messiness. "Maybe that should be rule one: no talking when you have half a bagel in your mouth," he jokes and I laugh.

"In all seriousness, though, the first rule is that I want you home before 5 every day, unless you let me know you'll be out later. And if you go somewhere after school you have to tell me, understood?" He says sternly. I give him a thumbs up, which he then returns.

"Ok, also there's no ditching school and I want you to try your hardest to get the best grades you can. That includes doing your homework every night," he says. I nod my head at him, signaling him to continue.

"I want you to respect me and my friends. If we tell you to do something, then I want you to do it, okay? We're only trying to do what's best for you," he tells me.

"Okay," I say as I finish my breakfast.

"Awesome. That's basically it. Remember that you can always come to me if you have any issues with anything. These rules are only because I love you," Harry says while standing up and kissing my forehead. "Now go get ready. I'll clean your plate," he demands as he waves me away.

I get dressed in my light blue skinny jeans, striped shirt, and my old converse. I don't bother doing my makeup, except for my eyebrows because I didn't feel like it. I comb through my hair, shove my phone in my pocket, and then rush downstairs to meet Harry in the kitchen again.

"You all ready, love?" Harry asks as I enter

"Yeah!" I say excitedly. Not going to lie, I definitely needed new clothes.

"Alrighty. I'm glad you're excited. Let's go!" He responds.

We get in the car and drive about twenty minutes until we get to the mall. The car ride was filled with random comments and Harry singing along to the radio. I was going to join him, but I didn't want him to make fun of my voice.

"We're here!" Harry sings and we both get out of the car. "Time to get El some new stuff," he says and ruffles my hair.

"Hey, I spent like 15 seconds combing through that!" I yell, pretending to be offended. Harry laughs at me and does it again.

"First stop is getting you a new phone. I saw that hunk of junk today at breakfast," he says while pointing to my phone that I was holding.

"Harry, you don't..." I'm cut off by Harry.

"I want to, love. You deserve it," he tells me. I sigh in defeat as we walk into the Apple store and he buys me an iPhone X.

"I literally hate you," I joke as Harry hands me my new jet black phone.

"I know. That's my goal," Harry goes along with my sarcasm. I roll my eyes at him.

Before lunch we stopped at some clothing stores like American Eagle, Hollister, Garage, And Forever 21. I got some skinny jeans, mom jeans, jean shorts, athletic shorts, crop tops, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, jackets, and a lot of shoes. Harry let me go into Victoria's Secret by myself and I picked out some undergarments.

"I'm starving. Time for some lunch?" Harry asks me. I nod in agreement and we both walk to the food court carrying tons of bags.

We decide on Subway for lunch and we sat down at a table after we received our subs. "So, after this, we can go grab some school supplies and then hit the road," Harry says.

"Why would you hit the road, Harry. What did it ever do to you?" I ask jokingly.

"Hey, you! It's a figure of speech!" Harry exclaims. "You know I would never hurt something as precious as a road," he says going along with my goofiness.

We finish our lunch and then head over to some stores that sell backpacks. I decided on a plain black one that had the Vans logo on it. We also got some folders, notebooks, binders, pencils, and pens before checking out and leaving the mall.

"Thank you, Harry," I say during the car ride home. He really did spend a lot of money on me, which means a lot to me.

"Of course, love. Anything for my angel," he says and continues to drive until we reach the house.

"Ok, we'll each grabs some bags from the trunk. I don't think I can carry them all," Harry says looking at me.

"Ok, but Harry, can I, um, can I ask you something?" I question, feeling very nervous.

"Yes, love, what's wrong?" He asks with concern and grabs my hand. "You can ask me anything."

"Ok, well, I've been thinking, and I-I was wondering...if I could call you Dad?" I finally get it out. I let out a long breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"El! I'd love it if you called me Dad!" Harry says, elated. "I'm glad you feel comfortable enough with me to call me that." I smile and he smiles back.

"Thank you!" I squeal. "I love you, Dad."