Not the Best Saturday

I walk inside and thankfully I don't see Harry. I figure I'd just run upstairs before he comes back down here. My foot touches the first stair when I hear Harry say, "not so fast, young lady." I internally cringe. It was clear he wasn't happy.

"Oh, hi, Dad," I say, turning back to look at him.

"Where were you? Did I not tell you to be home by 11?" Harry asks.

"Sorry, Dad. I didn't mean to. We just lost track of time," I admit, hoping he would understand. But, of course, he didn't.

"Elizabeth Maria Styles!" Harry yells. This was the first time he has ever used my full name. I didn't like it one bit. "How do you expect me to be okay with you going out with a senior if I can't even trust you enough to come home at a reasonable hour?" He was clearly annoyed.

"Dad, it's not my fault, I didn't realize," I say looking down at the floor.

"Then whose fault is it, Ellie? Kyle's?" He asks.

"No! Dad, it wasn't either one of us. You can't expect me to be checking the time constantly while I'm on a date. It's not like we were just sitting on our phones the whole time. Geez, Dad. I thought you'd actually understand," I say. I hate fighting with Harry, but I had to defend Kyle and myself so he doesn't kill me.

"Don't you ever speak to me like that again, understood?" Harry says sternly in a very low voice.

I didn't say anything.

"I said, understood?" Harry says again, a little more aggressively. I nod my head, continuing to look down. "Good. Now give me your phone. I guess it's come to this again."

I hand him my phone with a sigh, not wanting to put up a fight any longer. I just wanted to sleep. "Good. And don't expect to be getting this back anytime soon," he says, shoving my phone into the pocket of his jeans.

I nod my head. "Can I just go to bed, Dad. I'm tired," I say. I almost feel like I was going to cry. I hated when Harry was disappointed in me.

•*Trigger warning*•

"Yes, go to bed, Ellie," he says, running his hand through his hair, obviously distressed. I walk upstairs into my room and grab my blade before walking to my bathroom.

I sit down on the floor of the bathroom and remove my skirt. My scars were still noticeable, but thankfully Kyle didn't notice them since it was too dark. I add another three cuts to my upper thighs before grabbing some tissues to wipe the blood.

Tears stream down my face as I continue to wipe the blood. Harry probably hates me because I can't even follow a dumb rule. Kyle probably hates me because I have a curfew as a high schooler. Kimmy hates me because she thinks I'm going to steal her part in the school musical. Almost everyone else in the school hates me because they believe Kimmy. No body likes me, not even myself.

I get up when the bleeding stops and I wipe off my blade, placing it back under my nightstand when I go out of the bathroom. I grab my journal from under my bed and begin to write.

I write about all of today, the good and the bad and close the book before placing it back in its rightful place. I check the time on my digital clock and see that it's 1:00 a.m.. I was going to be tired tomorrow. My head falls onto my pillow and I fall asleep immediately.
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
I wake up to the sun shining through my windows. I groan and check the time. It was 12:00. Great, I wasted half of my Saturday sleeping.

I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom, memories of last night flooding back into my brain. I almost forgot that Harry was pissed off at me. I sigh and turn on the shower, extra hot, just the way I like it. I take off my gym shorts and T-shirt before walking into the shower, letting the hot water pour over my body.

I rinse my hair, which smelled of the ocean, with strawberry shampoo and conditioner that Harry had gotten me when I first moved in.

I get out of the shower and put on a green hoodie and black leggings.

I don't bother doing my makeup or hair because I'd probably just be home all day

I don't bother doing my makeup or hair because I'd probably just be home all day. Harry isn't going to let me go anywhere.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen and see Harry sitting at the table on his laptop. "Good afternoon," he says when he realizes I'm here.

"Good afternoon," I mumble and grab an apple from the kitchen. I figure that since I didn't eat anything today, I'd treat myself to a fruit since they are low in calories.

"Here," Harry says holding his arm out holding something. "This will be yours for a while." I walk over and take it to see what it was.

A flip phone.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask annoyed.

"Don't you dare curse at me ever again. And you'll keep that until I know you're responsible enough to come home when I say so," he says, his green eyes looking right at me.

"Whatever. I'm going on a walk," I say.

"No, you're not. You're staying home today," Harry says.

"Ugh, I hate you!" I yell, tears beginning to form in my eyes. Before he can say anything, I run upstairs to my room. Harry was the last person I wanted to see right now; even if that meant seeing no one at all. 

I stay in my room for a while, strumming quietly on my guitar. Time passes slowly when I'm alone. I can't even call my friends because I don't know their numbers.

I check my clock after a few hours and see that it's 4:30. I'm surprised Harry didn't even come to check on me; I could have killed myself for all he'd know, not that he'd actually care.

My room became more and more boring as time passed. I decide that the only way I could enjoy myself is if I get outside of this room, so that's exactly what I do.

I lock my door so Harry wouldn't be able to find me and look out my window. It would be a long jump, but thankfully there is a tree next to me with branches I could climb down.

Perfect.