Second Day of School

Kyle and I were walking hand in hand to gym class. A few people were giving me stares, and I could tell Kyle noticed me becoming a little uncomfortable. "Hey, it's okay. They're just jealous of how beautiful you are," he says and rubs my hand.

I smile up at him. "Maybe they're jealous of how handsome you are," I say, messing with him.

"Hmm. I'll have to think about that one," he says. "You go talk to her, he's  the gym teacher," Kyle says pointing to a man standing in the gym. "I have to go get changed into uniform. I'll be right out." I nod my head and he jogs away.

I walk up to the teacher and introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Ellie. I'm new to the class," I say.

"Hi Ellie. I'm Coach Hanson," the teacher says. "Welcome to North River High School. I'll let you sit out for today, so you can watch to see how things work, and you can get dressed next class."

I nod my head and sit down on the wall as the students pile in. I see Kyle come in in his uniform which consisted of red athletic shorts and a grey tank top. I could tell that he works out.

"Ok class," Coach Hanson starts. "We have a new student. Her name is Ellie. I want you all to be nice to her and help her out today." I could feel everybody's eyes turn to me. I also saw some of those annoying girls from Spanish class. My face probably turned extremely red. I hated attention.

Coach began giving instructions for the class and I zoned out. Soon everyone started doing their activities and Kyle ran up to me. "Come on, let's go," he says and grabs my hand, pulling me up.

"Where are we going?" I ask, not wanting to move.

He brings me over to the bench press area. "Spot me?" He asks and I nod my head.

Kyle ended up benching 190 pounds. "Geez, you're insane," I say, impressed.

"Why thank you," he says with a smile.

We end up talking for the rest of class, unless Coach Hanson came over to see what we were doing.

The bell rang and Kyle said bye to me. "I'll see you after school at You locker, okay?"

"Yup. I'll be there," I say and give him a hug. His body smelled of ax deodorant. I release from the hug and left for my second period; biology.

I entered my second period and saw Evan right away. "Evan!" I yell, earning some glares.

"Ellie!" He yells back, not caring about the looks. "I'm glad you've come to save me from this class. The teacher and people in here suck," he whispers. I look around and, again, I see some annoying girls.

"Ugh. Well, you're welcome," I say. "I should probably go talk to the teacher."

"Yeah. Hopefully she'll let you sit near me," he says. I nod and walk to the teacher.

"Hi, I'm new," I say as I reach the Biology teachers desk.

"I know, I know, what's your name again?" The teacher asked. She seems to be impatient.

"I'm Ellie," I say, fidgeting around with my sleeve.

"Okay, Ellie. You can go sit somewhere, you're going to have a lot of catching up to do since you missed the first month and a half of school," she says. "Oh, and I'm Mrs. Hopper." I nod my head, understanding, and go to sit by Evan.

"How was it?" Evan asked with a laugh when he saw the 'what the heck' face I gave him.

"She said I'd have a lot to catch up on, but we all know I'm never going to do that," I tell him and sit down.

He laughs. "Well this class is actually pretty hard, so if you care about your grades, I'd recommend studying," he say.

"Well that's great," I say with a sigh. "Good thing I don't actually care about my grades," I laugh. Evan replies with a chuckle.

The bell rings and I pack up the hundreds of papers I just received. "Where are you going?" I ask Evan.

"Lunch, what about you?" He asks as he began to pack up.

"Same! We should sit together," I say.

"Awesome. Rachel, Claire and Ryan have this lunch too. I think I even saw Kyle in it before too," he tells me and we walk to lunch.

"How are you and Kyle? Did you see him today?" Evan asks while we were in the hallway.

"Yeah. He's good. We have gym together, so that's pretty exciting," I tell him.

At lunch I introduced Ryan, Rachel, Evan, and Claire to Kyle. They seemed to get along well, which I was happy about.

Harry had packed me a peanut butter sandwich, a granola bar, and an apple for lunch, but I only at the granola bar. I would regret eating the sandwich if I did eat it because there are so many calories.

"Do you have anything else to eat, darling?" Kyle asks me after I finish my granola bar.

"Yeah. I'm just not very hungry. I kind of ate a lot for breakfast," I lie. I hated lying to Kyle, but I clearly couldn't tell him the truth. He didn't seem to think much of it.

When lunch ended I walked with Ryan to history class since we both had it together. "Hi, I'm Ellie. I'm new here," I say, speaking with the teacher.

"Oh, Ellie, of course. I'm Mr. Wright. You can have a seat anywhere you want," he tells me.

"Ok, thanks," I reply and sit down at a seat next to Ryan.

We didn't do much in history, except for watching a movie and answering questions. I didn't know he was collecting the worksheet, so I just circled random answers, hoping I got them correct.

The bell rang and I ask Ryan, "Where are you going?"

"To biology. What about you?" He says and looks at me.

"Aw man. I have guitar. I'll see you later though," I say. We say our goodbyes and each leave the class.

I walk into the guitar room and realize I'm one of the last ones there. "Um, hi. I'm new to this class," I say to the teacher. The rest of the classing is talking, so thankfully no one is looking at me.

"Oh, hi. What's your name?" The teacher asks me.

"I'm Ellie," I say.

"Nice to meet you Ellie, I'm Mr. Nelson. You can have a seat anywhere and grab a guitar," he says pointing to a shelf of guitars.

"Ok, thank you," I say and go grab a guitar.

I look around the class and find Claire, Rachel, and Kyle. I was thankful to have friends in this class. It seems like everyone was broken off into little cliques. I walk over to them.

"Hey!" Kyle says and gets up to hug me.

"Hi, guys," I say and hug him back with the arm not holding the guitar.

In guitar class the four of us just talked about random stuff and strummed tunes on the guitar, rather than playing the songs in the book.

Eventually, the bell rang and I say bye to Claire and Rachel.

"I'll meet you at your locker after I go grab my stuff," Kyle tells me. I nod and we both leave to go to our lockers.