The First Day of School and Meeting Kyle

My alarm goes off at 6:00 and I groan. I guess I was kind of excited for my first day, but that doesn't mean I'm not grumpy in the morning.

For my outfit I ended up wearing a large denim jacket, white shirt, and black jeans. I slipped on my new brown boots that Harry picked out for me yesterday and then began my makeup.

I decided on pretty casual makeup

I decided on pretty casual makeup. Just my eyebrows, some brown eyeshadow, and some highlighter. I didn't want people to think I'm some weird fake bitch on the first day of school.

I came downstairs at around 6:45 and saw Harry in the kitchen

I came downstairs at around 6:45 and saw Harry in the kitchen. "Hi, Dad," I groan, still waking up.

"Well, good morning, I can tell you're not a morning person," he chuckles at me and continues doing something in the kitchen. "Make yourself some cereal, love. You gotta leave soon." I nod my head and pour a bowl of Cheerios and sit down at the same stool as yesterday.

Harry comes over a few minutes later with a paper bag. He places it in front of me and I look at him confused. "Your lunch, silly," he says and rubs my shoulder.

"Oh, right. Thank you, Dad," I say. I was beginning to wake up.

"You're welcome, love," he says.

I finish my cereal and put the bag in my backpack along with a notebook, some pens, and a folder. I figured that would be all I need for my first day.

I hear the doorbell ring, probably my friends coming to pick me up. I was about to leave when Harry grabbed my arm. "Hey," he started "you can't leave with out giving me a hug!" He says, offended.

"Oh, I forgot," I say and hug him.

"You have a wonderful day at school, okay?" He tells me while still hugging me.

"Okay. I'll try, but I really have to go now," I say with a chuckle at the end.

"Of course. Have fun!" He says as I walk out the door. He waves to the other kids and the return the wave.

"Let me guess; the 'first day of school talk?'" Claire asks me with a laugh.

"Ugh, yeah. Dads," I say and join her laughing.