Kyle?

(Song: what About Us by P!nk)
I wake up next to Harry in the morning. "You about ready to get up?" He asks in his morning voice while ruffling my hair. I groan and shake my head, burying my head in his side.

Honestly, the reason I don't want to go to school isn't even that I'm tired, it's because I don't want to see Kyle. What's he going to think of me after I denied having sex with him? He is going to hate me.

"Well, I think you need to get ready. And so do I; your lunch isn't going to make itself," Harry says. He gets out of bed and grabs my hands. "Come on, it's time to get up." He pulls me gently, eventually persuading me to get up.

"Go get ready. I'll meet you downstairs," he says before walking out of the room. I nod my head, even though he can't see me, as he is already out the door, and I walk over to my closet. I slip on some black skinny jeans and a grey and blue shirt, along with a pair of black, low top converse. I lightly apply some makeup before grabbing my bags and heading downstairs.

"I made you some eggs," Harry says right when I enter the kitchen

"I made you some eggs," Harry says right when I enter the kitchen. He must have heard me coming down the stairs.

I walk over to him and grab a plate full of eggs and a piece of plain toast. "Thanks, Dad," I say. I sit down and begin eating the toast. "I have to stay after today for the musical. We're starting rehearsals," I tell him, the excitement clear in my voice.

"That's fantastic! I want to hear all about it when you get home. Do you need a ride, or are you going to ride with Kyle?" He says while Turing off the stove and sitting down next to me with a plate of his own eggs.

"Kyle said I can ride with him," I say. Hopefully I can fix things with him before the end of the day. "You're okay with that?" I ask suspiciously. He has never given in this easily to letting me hang with Kyle.

He laughs a little. "I'm okay with you getting rides from him. I'm just your dad, so I have to worry about things like this," he says.

"I know, I know," I chuckle. "Thanks, though." I'm glad Harry is finally warming up to Kyle, even if we were in an uncomfortable stage in our relationship.

"You're welcome, love. And remember, we have that meeting today with your principal and Kimmy," Harry informs, reminding me of the other part of my day that makes me upset.

I groan, expressing my dissatisfaction with the meeting. "Dad, are you sure we have to do this?" I ask in a pleading voice. "I don't want to be in the same room as Kimmy." I toss my eggs around on my plate, suddenly losing my appetite.

"You know we have to do this eventually. Kimmy is a problem, and she isn't going to go away until we deal with her. I promise you, you're going to feel so much better once everything is fixed with Kimmy," Harry say, using his 'Dad' voice. I know he's telling the truth, but it doesn't make the meeting any more tempting.

"I... I know," I sigh. "I guess I can do it," I say blandly. Using my fork, I continue to push around the uneaten food on my plate, and Harry finally seems to notice.

"Hey, I know you're upset, but you need to eat. It will make you feel better once you have some nutrients in your body. You can't just not eat when you're feeling down. That's not healthy," Harry says, moving eye contact between me and my plate half full of eggs.

"Fine," I give in. Hesitantly, I pick up my fork and poke at the food, and eventually eating the rest of the eggs on my plate.

"Thank you for doing that, if not for yourself, then for me," Harry says, giving me sad eyes. I force a smile as a 'you're welcome,' but I obviously am not to happy with eating all my food.

•~~~~~

The doorbell rings, letting me know my friends are here to pick me up. "Bye," I say while giving Harry a hug after he stands up.

"Bye, sweetie. I'll see you in an hour," Harry tells me and hugs me back. I nod my head before letting go from the hug and heading out the door with my backpack and phone.

"Hey," I say with a smile, greeting my friends. I'm trying my best to not make my unhappiness with today show. I don't want anyone to know about last night or the Kimmy thing, even my closest friends.

"Hey, what's up?" Ryan asks.

"Nothing much. The day just started, after all. What about you guys?" I say with a chuckle at the end.

"You got me there. Nothing has happened yet, but I have football tryouts today after school. I'm pretty excited," Ryan tells me. His enthusiasm clearly shows.

"Nice! Good luck," I tell him. It always has seemed fun to me to go to a football game, but now that Ryan might be on the team, I just want to go more.

"Thanks," he says with a smile.

•~~~~~

Once we arrive at school, my friends leave to go to their classes and me to my locker.

I arrive at my locker and Kyle isn't there where he normally is. Where could he be? He never texted me. He's probably just running late because of traffic or something.

I decide to text him and ask where he is.
'Hey, where are you? 💕,' I send.

I wait at least five minutes at my locker for his reply, but he doesn't respond. He must be driving. I should probably get to gym class, though. He will meet me there when he comes.

I put my backpack into the locker and the make my way over to the gym for an not exciting day of gym. As much as I want to forget about yesterday afternoon, I still want to see him and make sure he knows it wasn't his fault.