The Date (Part One)

I look at myself in the mirror for a while. For once, I actually felt a little pretty. My blonde hair had perfect waves and my makeup was natural, but still stunning, and my outfit was gorgeous.

I grab my phone and see a text from Kyle, which immediately makes me smile.

'I'll be there in 45 minutes, princess,' he texts.

'Ok. Can't wait!' I type and send to Kyle before going downstairs to find Harry alone in the kitchen. I guess all his friends left.

"Hi, Dad," I say and walk over to where he was.

He turns around, smiling at first, but then frowning a little. "El, you look beautiful, but I think you should change into something that covers you a little more," Harry says.

"Dad! Really? I think I'll be fine," I say. I was annoyed at him trying to regulate what I wore. I'm not two years old.

"I know, Love, but I don't want other guys getting the wrong idea. I know you're responsible; I'm just worried about other guys not being responsible. I don't want you to get hurt," Harry says and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Dad, Kyle will be with me. He won't let anyone hurt me," I say with a sigh.

"Kyle's still a guy, El. I know you trust him, but you just met him this week, so you still gotta be careful," he says.

"You don't know anything about Kyle, Dad. You've met him once. I'm going to wear whatever I want to wear," I say defensively as I push Harry's hand off my shoulder.

"Listen, El," Harry starts in a more serious tone. I don't look at him; instead I look at the floor. I can't believe he's judging Kyle when he doesn't even know him. I hear Harry sigh and he adds, "Love, look at me." He places his warm hand under my chin and lifts my face up so we are making eye contact.

"What?" I ask, still clearly upset.

"If you want to wear that," he says and then pauses. "You can. But you have to bring a jacket to cover up if you are going somewhere with lots of guys. I just want you to be safe, love," he says.

"Well, we aren't going to a place with lots of guys; we're going to the beach and boardwalk," I lie. I had no clue where we were going.

Harry closes his eyes and sighs again. "Okay, El. Just make sure you have your phone and check it ever once and a while," he gives in.

I smile. "I will," I say, happy that I got to wear what I was wearing.

"Can I get you something to eat before you leave?" Harry asks, walking over to the fridge.

"Oh, no. We're going to get some food at the boardwalk," I say lying, again.

"Alrighty then," he says and walks over to his chair and sits down. I follow his actions. "Promise me you'll text if anything goes wrong?" He asks.

"Yeah, Dad. I promise," I say. He is being a little overprotective, but I guess that's okay. I know he only wants what's best for me.

The doorbell rings and I stand up. "Bye, Dad. I'll see ya later," I say excitedly.

He stands up and walks to the door with me. "You got it. Have fun," he says and plants a kiss on my forehead.

I smile and open the door. "Hi, Kyle," I say.

"Hi, Ellie. Hi, Mr. Styles," he says greeting Harry and me.

"Hi there, Kyle. You two have fun. I want you back by 11:00 sharp, El," he says, seriousness taking over his voice at the end.

I roll my eyes. He can be kind of embarrassing, honestly. "Okay, Dad," I say and walk outside before he could say anything else. "Sorry about him," I giggle. "He's a little overprotective."

"That's okay, El. I'm just glad I get four whole hours alone with you," he says and opens his car door for me. "For you, my princess," he says motioning for me to get in the car.

"Thank you, Prince Charming," I say with a smile. Kyle was too sweet. He smiles at the name and gets in on the drivers side.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight?" He asks, pulling out of the driveway.

I smile and feel my cheeks heat up. "Thank you," I say.

"Of course," he smiles.

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask, looking at him.

"Oh, yeah!" He says. "We're going to a party on the beach. There's gonna be food and everything. Does that sound good?" He asks.

I nod, even though he can't see me because he's looking at the road. "Yeah," I say. "I hope it's okay that I don't have a bathing suit," I say.

"Oh, yeah. That's okay. I don't either, so we just won't swim," he says.

We eventually arrive at the beach a get out

We eventually arrive at the beach a get out. There were about 60 to 70 people and I noticed that most were from school. I hope Kimmy wasn't here.

"Don't worry, I know the person hosting the party, and Kimmy isn't invited," Kyle says. It's like he was reading my mind.

I smile. "Okay. Good," I say.

He gets out and meets me by the side of my car door. "Shall we?" He asks holding out his arm for me. I nod and wrap my arm around his as we walk to the beach.

Kyle and I sit down at a table with two fold out chairs at it. "I hope you'll have a good time tonight; I wasn't really sure what you like on dates, but I figured I couldn't go wrong with the beach," he says and grabs my hands.

"Kyle, it's perfect. I love it," I say smiling back at him. A waitress interrupts our moment and places two menus in front of us.

"Hi, I'm Jane. I'll be your waitress for tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?" She asks politely.

"I'll have a water, please," I say.

"Make that two," Kyle says. She nods her head with a smile and walks away. "So, are you excited for the musical tryouts next week?" Kyle asks me.

"Yeah. I am! I hope I make it," I say.

"You'll definitely make it. With your gorgeous voice, they'd be stupid not to pick you," Kyle says.

"Thank you, Kyle. That means a lot," I say sincerely.

We order our food when Jane, the waitress comes back. I decide on the chicken salad, but hide most of my chicken in my napkin and only eat the lettuce.

After we finish eating we hear a voice on the loud speaker. "Come over here if you guys want to play truth or dare with us!" The guy yells into it.

"What do you say. Wanna play?" Kyle asks me. I nod my head eagerly and we walk over. I've never played truth or dare before, but I've heard it is really fun.

Let the fun begin.