The Meeting

The main office calls me a few minutes after gym started. Great, now I have to go to a meeting in my gross gym clothes.

I walk into the office and, I guess the front lady was expecting me, as she sent me straight back to the principal's office.

The door was open a crack, so I walk inside and see everyone there, seated in front of the principal's desk. There was an empty chair on the end next to Harry, so I sit there. "Alrighty," the principal starts. "Let's begin." She looks over at Kimmy and says, "Would you like to share your part of this whole drug fiasco?"

Kimmy sits up straight and nods her head. "Um, yes. I would," She says. How os she going to even make herself try to seem innocent? "So, I was hanging out with my boyfriend at the park, and then Ellie comes over and ruins our time alone. She pulled out a bag of powder and I didn't know what it was at first, but she told us it was drugs. She said she wanted money so she was going to sell it." She looks at me with a sneer.

"That's not what happened!" I say, defending myself. There's no way I was going to let her get away with this.

"Miss Ellie, you'll have your time to share your side of the story in a minute. Let's respect Kimmy and let her finish speaking," the principal says, trying her best to be respectful. Harry holds my hand and squeezes it, letting me know it would be alright.

The principal looks back over at Kimmy. "I'm finished," she say.

"Ellie, your turn, if you wish," the principal says, directing her attention at me.

"Kimmy took pictures of me in the locker room and then threatened me with the drugs. She said if I didn't sell the drugs for her, then she would leak all the pictures of me. I don't need any more money than I already have. I don't need to sell drugs like she does," I fire back, shooting Kimmy an ugly glare.

"What the hell! That's not what happened. I don't have a use for drugs either," Kimmy yells.

"Now, wait a minute," Harry interrupts. "Calm down, we're just going to try to figure things out. I'd like to point out that Kimmy took the pictures but didn't release them yet. Now, why would she not release them if she had no reason to keep them. She blackmailed my daughter and said she wouldn't release them only if she sold her drugs. Unless Kimmy has something else she was blackmailing my daughter with, then I believe we are done here." Damn. Harry really though about this.

The principal looked quite impressed with Harry's reply. "Kimmy, is it true that you have anything else on Ellie? If so, you need to let us know now, you'll be in less trouble that way," she says. Thank god I had Harry with me. Things weren't looking too hot for me before he joined the conversation.

"Well... no," she says with a sigh. "But that doesn't mean I gave her drugs." I can't believe she's still defending herself.

"Then why did you still have the pictures?" The principal questions with her head resting on her hands.

"I... it just...Well...ugh! Fine! I gave her the drugs. But it's her own fault. She should have denied them," she says, her face turning red with anger.

"Kimberly! When did you get access to drugs?" Kimmy's mom yells at her.

"Okay, well, Mr. Styles and Ellie, you may be dismissed. We can handle the rest from here now that we have the information we were looking for. Thank you," the principal says before standing up and walking over to the door.

"Thank you too. I'm glad we cleared everything up," Harry says. I walk out behind him and we enter the main lobby.

"That went well," I say.

"You're right. I think you need to learn to wait your turn though. I don't think the principal was too pleased with you interrupting. Even if you knew what the other person was saying was a lie, you have to wait. It can make you look guilty as well. Okay?" Harry says.

"I know," I say. "I just got really scared the principal was going to believe her and not let me share my side of the story," I admit.

"Well, if I have anything to say about it, you will always get your turn. Don't ever worry about that. I know what you said was true and the truth always comes out one way or another," Harry says.

"Okay. Thanks for being there; I don't know what I'd do without you. You completely destroyed Kimmy," I say with a smile spreading across my face.

"Well, I'm glad I was able to help," Harry says with a smile. "Now go get back to gym class and release some of that energy." He kisses my forehead.

"Okay, see ya later, Dad," I say.