Cleaning Up

(Song: Who Do You Love? By The Chainsmokers And 5SoS)
I finish my apple and throw it away in the trash can. It was so good, I almost want another one, but I decide against it.

"What can I do, Dad?" I ask Harry. He has already begun loading the dishwasher with our dirty plates from yesterday. Yeah, sure, we're kind of a messy family, but we're a great family if you ask me.

"You can help me with the dishes, and maybe wipe off the counter," he says. I nod my head and begin cleaning.

"This doesn't have to be this boring, you know?" Harry says after a few minutes of silent cleaning. In my opinion, he's wrong. Cleaning can't get much more fun than this.

"What do you mean?" I ask. A sponge is in my hand and I'm wiping off the counter which used to be covered in glasses and dishes.

Harry runs over to the couch and turns on the tv. "We have Spotify on the tv!" he exclaims.

I look over at Harry and smile. He gets excited over the funniest things. I can't blame him, though. Music would make this a hundred times better. "Well, what are you waiting for?" I ask.

"That's what I like to hear," Harry chuckles before turning around to the tv, getting Spotify on. He clicks on a playlist called 'Today's Hits,' and hits shuffle before coming back over to me, dancing a little as he walked.

I laugh and hide my face in my hands. Good thing my friends aren't here yet, Harry's acting like an old dad trying to be cool.

"What? You don't like my moves?" Harry gasps, pretending to be offended. He holds his hand out, expecting me to grab it. I look at his hand with a undecided face as I think about whether I should take it or not. "Come on. Or are you to scared to be the worst dancer in the room?" Harry taunts.

"There's only two people here," I laugh. "And I don't think anyone could be worse than you, Dad." My smile grows bigger as he continues to dance along with the 5 Seconds of Summer and Chainsmokers song, 'Who Do You Love?'

His hand still remains out as he waits for me to grab it. "My hand is getting tired, El," he whines.

"Fine," I say. I place my hand in his hand and he grabs my other hand with his other hand.

"If you can't tell, I don't really know how to dance," Harry whispers, even though we are the only ones here.

"No, really?" I sarcastically say.

He nods his head and sways our arms around to the beat. "Who do you love?" Harry sings along to the chorus. The smile doesn't leave both of our faces as he continues to sing. "Join me, it's a duet," he says.

I nod my head a giggle. "Who do you love?" We both sing loudly. Our arms change from moving from side to side to back and forth. Harry was right, cleaning is so much more fun with music.

"I wanna know, I wanna know who!" We finish the song together.

Harry lifts our arms up before letting go and wrapping me in his arms, lifting me off the floor. He spins me around in circles, but holds me tightly so I don't fall out of his grasp.

"The answer is you," he says, putting my feet back on the floor and kissing my nose. "I love you, El. I couldn't ask for a better daughter."

Harry's kind words make me smile, even more than I already was. "And I couldn't ask for a better dad," I say quietly.

I'm embraced into another hug from Harry and I rest myself on him, feeling the steady beat of his heart on the side of my head.

We remain hugging for the rest of the song, which just so happened to be 'Happily,' by One Direction.

"We better get back to cleaning, huh?" Harry says, letting go from the hug and looking around. "We don't want them to think we're uncivilized or something," he adds.

I nod my head and walk back over to the counter and pick up my sponge again. In only a few minutes I finish and I begin hyping Harry pour some snacks into a bowl.

I grab a bag of pretzel m&ms from a grocery bag and open it. Harry must have gone to the store today to get all these snacks.

Once the bag is open, I grab a bowl and pour the chocolates in. I grab one from the bowl and pop it in my mouth.

"I saw that," Harry says in a disapproving voice. He was clearly kidding though.

"Saw what?" I giggle, acting like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Mhm, I'll let it slide. But only this one time," he tells me.

"Okay," I say, popping another m&m in my mouth. For some odd reason, I wasn't even thinking about the calories I was consuming, only the taste. I have to admit, I kind of liked it.

"Okay, well now you're just asking for it," Harry says, shaking his head.

"Asking for what? I still don't know what I did," I say, protecting myself.

"Sure... you act so innocent now. You know what you're doing," he says with a sigh. "And I have no other choice but to do this," he says.

Before I know it, Harry picks me up and carries me over to the couch, tossing me down gently. He gets down and begins to tickle me.

I squirm around, trying to escape from Harry, but it doesn't work. "Please, Dad... please... stop," I yell in between laughs.

"I can't do that until you say that I'm the best dancer in the room," he teases.

"I'm the best dancer in the room," I say quickly, knowing that's not what he wanted me to say, but there's no way I was going to say Harry was a better dancer than me.

"No, say, Dad is the best dancer in the room," he says, laughing at me.

"Never," I yell. Being stubborn is my specialty.

"Then I guess I can't stop this. What a shame," Harry says.

This is getting to be too much for me to handle. I guess I'll admit it, but I'll get back at him later. "Fine!" I say, still laughing at him tickling me. "Dad, you ate the best dancer in the room."

He stops tickling me and I let out a big breath. "Well, thank you, El. I didn't know you felt that way!" Harry says, placing his hand over his heart, acting like he is touched by my statement.

"Yeah, I'll get you next time," I say, defeated.

Before Harry can reply, the doorbell rings. "Looks like our guests are here," Harry says excitedly. He runs to the door and I follow close behind.