An Angry Harry

I scroll through my phone notifications and see '12 missed calls from Dad' and at least twenty different texts from him asking 'where are you?' Or 'El, are you okay?'

Knowing that something was wrong, Kyle asks me, "Hey, what happened?" He puts his hand on my back.

"I-I forgot to tell my dad I was coming here and he's worried about me," I start. "K-Kyle? What if I m-made him m-mad?" I ask, my eyes tearing up.

"No, no, no. El, I'm sure he is just worried. Why don't you tell him that you're coming home right now. I'll drop you off, alright?" Kyle says while rubbing my shoulder to calm me down.

I nod my head and text Harry.
'I'm coming home now. Sorry. I'll be there in fifteen minutes'

He responds immediately.
'Good.'

I sigh and grab my backpack. "Are you sure you can drive me home. I don't want to be a hassle and all," I say, feeling really bad for making him be my personal taxi for the day.

"Of course not, El. Go get in the car, we'll get you home as soon as possible," he says. I thank him and rush to the car, him following close behind.

He turns the radio on low and starts to talk. "I know you're a little stressed right now, but I don't want you to worry right now; there's nothing we can do now to get you home any faster, okay?" He tells me. I nod. That actually did make a lot of sense. I just hope Harry isn't mad or anything.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry if I kind of ruined the moment," I apologize.

"Of course you didn't ruin the moment. Anyway there wouldn't have been a 'moment' in the first place if you weren't there to begin with," Kyle replied. He always knew what to say; I think that's part of the reason I like him.

"How come you always know what to say?" I ask with a small laugh.

"I don't know, theatre, maybe?" He suggests. "Oh, speaking of theatre, there's a meeting tomorrow for the musical. You should totally go. I'll be there, and I can give you a ride home."

"Awesome. I'll ask Harry tonight. Thanks for all the rides everywhere. Too bad I can't drive myself," I say.

"Well that's okay, I like spending time with you," he says. "And about that date; what do you say Friday at 7:00?I'll pick you up," he says.

"That sounds perfect," I say and we arrive at my home. "Thank you, Kyle. I'll text you later."

"No problem, and not if I text you first," he says with a wink. I smile and walk to the door.

I walk in and go to the kitchen to place my backpack down. I hear Harry come down the stairs quickly and he enters the kitchen. All I can say is he looks angry.

"Elizabeth! Where have you been?" Harry yells

"Elizabeth! Where have you been?" Harry yells. Oops. I can't believe I forgot to text him. I'm such an idiot.

"Dad, I'm sorry," I say not knowing what to say.

"That doesn't answer my question," Harry says. "Sit down and explain to me where you were."

I sit down on my stool and he stands on the opposite side of me, arms rested on the counter.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I just went to a friends house," I says.

"A friends house? And how was I supposed to know you were at a friends house?" He asks, each word he says gets more and more angry. Not knowing how to reply, I just sit there and look down.

"Did you even think to text me?" He adds after my silent response. I still don't answer, feeling too ashamed to speak.

"Ellie, answer my questions. Did you even think to text me?" He asks again, emphasizing the 'think.'

"No, but it won't happen again. I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"You're damn right it won't happen again. I don't even know what friend this is, and you think you can just go over to their house without telling me? They could be trying to hurt you, for all I know! Whose house was it, Ellie?" Harry exclaims.

"It was just a guy I met. His name is Kyle and he's a senior," I say.

"You went to a senior boy's house? That you just meet? Don't even bother to call? And think that's fine? Am I correct?" Harry questions while running his hands through his hair.

"Yes," I say with a sigh. "But Kyle is a good guy, I swear."

"Ellie! I don't care. He's a senior. I know what seniors want. They want sex. That's it! No matter how nice they seem!" Harry yells.

"Dad! Kyle's not like that! He's a really good friend, and I don't care if you don't like him. Anyway, you haven't even met him!" I tell, raising my voice to defend Kyle. I decide that it would be best if I didn't tell Harry about our date just yet.

"Are you yelling at me right now?" Harry states with anger.

"Yes! Because your yelling at me!" I say back.

"Ellie, I didn't want to do this, but give me your phone. You'll get it back when you learn some respect," he says while holding out his hand.

"Dad! That's so not fair!" I say.

"Life's not fair, El. Give it to me," he says, still holding his hand out.

"Don't call me 'El.'" I says madly and toss my phone on the counter before running upstairs to my room.

(Trigger Warning)

I get upstairs and lock my door. Having no where else to go, I pick up my blade and head to my bathroom. Obviously I can't go to Harry, and I can't even text Kyle now that Harry has my phone.

I sit down on the bathroom floor with the blade in one hand. I move my hand to my wrist and press down, creating a puddle of red blood. I choke back a sob and create a few more lines before standing up to rinse of my blade.

This was the first time I have cut since I've been to Harry's, and possibly the last. He was probably going to return me or something. My fresh cuts meant I'd have to wear long sleeves for at least a week.

I sigh and fall onto my bed, crying into my pillow. "Harry, I'm sorry," I mumble quietly. That's the last thing I remember before falling asleep.