The morning

Harry's POV
At 6:00 I wake up and figure I'd go check to see if Ellie was up yet. I still had her phone, so she probably couldn't have set her alarm. I had to admit, I felt bad about taking her phone and yelling at her, but I'm only acting like this because I want the best for her.

When I walk into her room I see her still asleep on her bed. As I get closer, I realize that she had been crying. I look at her for a minute and sigh before kneeling down next to her to wake her up.

Ellie's POV
I wake up when I feel a hand rubbing my shoulder. "Ellie? Are you up? It's time to get ready for school," I hear Harry say.

I sit up and look at Harry. "I'll be down in a minute," I say blandly, still mad at him for our incident yesterday. Harry nods and walks out of my room.

I get dressed in ripped skinny jeans and a cropped hoodie and look in the mirror. My face looks disgusting. My eyes were red and puffy and my hair was all messed up. I wash my face and apply some makeup to make myself look decent. Then I grab my backpack and go downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning," Harry says, sitting at his usual seat, the one right next to mine. I grab a banana and sit down in my seat. We don't speak for a few minutes.

"I have to stay after school today," I say, breaking the silence. Today was that musical meeting that Kyle told me about.

"What for?" Harry asks, sounding confused and a little surprised.

"The school musical meeting. Kyle can drive me home though," I say and continue to eat my banana.

"Ellie, I'll drive you home. I need to meet Kyle before you go off spending all your free time with him. I think that's a reasonable request," Harry says calmly. "And I think it's awesome that you're thinking about the school musical. You'd be great for it."

"Fine. But I need my phone so I can tell you when it ends," I say. If he wasn't going to let me ride with Kyle, I was at least going to get my phone back.

"That's fair," he says. "Let me go grab it from my room." He gets up and leaves. I sit there and sigh. I didn't like being angry at Harry, but I couldn't help it.

Harry returns in a minute and hands me my phone. "You text me right when the meeting is over, got it?" He asks, rather sternly.

"Yes, Dad," I say. The doorbell rings. "I have to go," I say as I start walking to the door to meet my friends.

Harry stops me as I'm walking and pulls me into a hug. "Have a good day," he says. I nod my head and walk out the door.

"Hey, guys," I say to my friends, my mood quickly changing to my normal self.

"Hey," Ryan says and then begins to smile. "So how was it with Kyle?" He questions.

"Well," I say dragging out the 'ls.'

"Ooh! She's blushing!" Rachel says. The others agree and begin to laugh.

"Stop! No I'm not," I say and cover my face while laughing.

"Mhmm. So how'd it go?" Rachel asks.

"It was going really well. We were having a great time and he asked me out!" I say excitedly.

"You go, girl! When's the date?" Evan asks.

"This Friday at 7:00," I say and smile. Hopefully Harry will come to his senses by then.

"I see you, El. Going for the seniors," Evan says with a wink.

"Ugh, please, you're reminding me of my dad right now," I say with a groan.

"What? Is Harry like not cool with it?" Claire asks, surprised.

"Yeah. He started freaking out when I told him we were just friends. I don't know what he's gonna do when I tell him I'm going out with him," I say, ranting about yesterday.

"Well, we totally support it, it's not like he's 30 years old or anything," Evan laughs.

"That what I was thinking! Harry was telling all seniors want us sex. But Kyle's different. He actually cares," I say. "Oh and I'm going to try out for the musical, so I won't be walking home with you guys today either because there's a meeting for it."

"That's awesome! I totally don't have the dedication to memorize lines and stuff. You'll be great though!" Ryan tells me.

I laugh. "Thanks!" I say and we arrive at the school. "Well, I'll see you guys later. Hopefully we have some classes together." They all say their goodbyes and I got to my locker.

I arrive at my locker and feel a tap on my shoulder as I am putting my backpack away. Turning around, I see Kyle. "Hey, Kyle," I say.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kyle asks concerned. "You didn't answer any of my texts last night."

I turn on my phone and see many notifications from Kyle and my other friends. "Oh my god! Kyle I'm sorry. Harry got mad at me and took my phone. I'm sorry," I say apologizing a lot.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay. I'm just glad you're fine," Kyle say. He was too sweet. I smile at him. "So, you going to that meeting?" He asks me.

"Yeah. I am. Harry is driving me home though. He says he wants to meet you before I 'spend all my free time' with you," I say quoting Harry. "He can be a little overprotective."

"Well, that's okay. Are we still on for Friday?" He asks.

"Yeah. Friday works for me. Harry's okay with me going out." Lies. Harry would ground me for the rest of my life if he knew I was going out with Kyle, but I didn't want Kyle to think I had some crazy Dad.

"Awesome. So what class do you have first period?" He asks me.

I pull out my schedule and look. "Ugh, I have gym first," I say. "I'm going to be gross and sweaty all day."

Kyle laughs. "You'll be fine. And I have gym first period too, so we can get sweaty together," he says.

"Hmm. How about you get sweaty and I sit on the side and watch you?" I tell him which causes him to smile.

"Whatever you want, princess. Now let's get going," he says and grabs my hand as we walk to gym class.